COOLCOOLCOOLCOOLCOOLCOOLCOOL

You must understand from the very beginning of this tale, Peter had no intention to fall onto the precincts roof, just like he had no intention to let his web cartridges run out mid-swing. It so happened that he had forgotten to check them before starting his patrol as Spider-Man around the city of Queen's, accidently moving into Brooklyn, and had coincidentally landed on the police building.

He had groaned, rolling onto his back and tried to locate where the pain was exactly coming from. At least one of his ribs were bruised thanks to the rather large fall, though Peter could feel his enhanced healing factor already mending the problem.

Peter could hear footsteps running up to where he was lying, most likely the inhabitants to whoever owned the building (he hadn't realised where he was off of the bat) and prepared to expect someone to start yelling at him. He only hoped it wasn't another old woman wielding a rolling pin because, damn, those things hurt when swung around the noggin.

The door to the roof slammed open and two guns were aimed at Peter. He didn't respond, just continued to lie there and catch his breath.

"Oh my god, oh my god, that's Spider-Man! Spider-Man's on our roof, oh my god, I must be dreaming. Quick, hit me!" The guy at the front of the duo started to bounce on his feet, a wide grin taking over his face and immediately put his gun back in its holster.

"Okay." The woman punched her friend in the arm and smirked when he stumbled forward.

Peter moved his head to the people who had thankfully not shot him. He realised they were in police uniform, though the woman was wearing a leather jacket over hers, and had their badges on show, attached to their belts.

He managed to sit up, shuffling closer to the open brick wall and leaned against it, wincing at the movements. The woman noticed this and made an excuse to the man, saying she'd grab the first aid kit and instructed him to keep an eye on the hero without annoying him, calling him 'Jake'.

The cop sat down crossed-legged in front of Spider-Man, smiling to himself and shuffled a little bit closer to him "Can you summon an army of spiders?"

"W-What?" Peter was caught off guard.

Most of his interactions with the police either consisted of 'We're taking you in Spider-Man!' from those who held prejudice against him, believing the lies spread by the Daily Bugle, or something similar. It was safe to say, the relationship between Spider-Man and the officers around the city was far from friendly.

"Can you summon spiders like Ant-Man? Have you ever chased someone down with them?" Jake looked so excited, Peter couldn't find it in his heart to break the mans childish dreams and expectations.

"Uh, yes?"

"NOICE!" Jake's eyes lit up in joy, only making Peter feel worse about his tiny white lie "Can you talk to them?"

"Uhh, sure."

"Can you ask them if they like Die Hard?" Jake grinned, leaning forward at Peter.

"T-The films?" Peter stuttered out, glad the pain in his back was fading even if he was forced to endure Jake's strange questions while it did. He wasn't annoyed, no, he was just confused to why they hadn't tried to arrest him for trespassing or some kind of bullshit.

"Of course the films, what else could I be talking about? Have you seen it? Is it your favourite movie?"

"Um, yeah?" At that point, he was too scared to say no. He didn't want to offend Jake, he looked like the sort of person who might cry if he said anything against Die Hard.

"Awesome! So, do spiders like Die Hard?" Nevermind, it looked like Jake might cry with happiness anyway.

"I-uh- never asked?"

"Wha-"

The door to the roof opened, the woman from before walked out, this time with someone else with her. The new woman was wearing a sergeant's uniform (minus the hat), her long brown hair was tightly pulled back into a high ponytail and she was looking at Jake as if she wanted to scold him.

 She put her hands on her hips and glared at him, but Peter saw no malicion behind her eyes "Jake, leave Spider-Man alone and go do your work, or do I need to get Holt-"

He immediately scrambled up onto his feet "No! It's fine, bye Mr Spider dude!" Jake waved quickly and sped through the door.

Peter could hear his hastened footsteps down the stairs, a thud and a small voice yell "I'm good" before the footsteps started up again, though the next time they were significantly slower.

The woman sighed in the direction Jake had left, shaking her head, and turned to face Spider-Man "I'm sorry about my husband, he's an idiot," She moved forward until she was standing less than a meter away from Peter "Are you okay? Rosa said you fell really hard, should we call an ambulance or get a medic up here?"

"No, Miss, I'm fine. I have enhanced healing, it will all be cleared up in a few minutes. Thank you, though." He smiled, despite it being hidden by the mask, and gave two feeble thumbs-up.

"You can call me Amy, that's Rosa and I have a feeling Jake introduced himself. Sorry about him, by the way, his parents didn't give him enough attention growing up." Amy joked, easing the mood.

Rosa chuckled from behind Amy, crossing her arms over her chest. She seemed to loom in the background, as a bodyguard of sorts.

"I should really be thanking you, a lot of officers around here or where I normally patrol don't like me. I can't count the amount of times they've shot at me or tried to take me in for something." Peter tried to make a joke out of it, but the weight of his words hit Amy and Rosa like a truck.

To them, Spider-Man was nothing but a hero. Sure, he had made mistakes along the way, but everyone did. That's only natural, and, when dealing in the matter of saving lives, they knew more than anyone that not all cases end happily. To hear that people working in the same field to them would try and shoot a superhero, well, they just found that hard to believe.

"You can trust us, no one here would try and use their guns on you," Amy frowned. She wasn't sure if that statement was true, but whoever dared defy her on the matter would have to deal with the wrath of a sergeant, Diaz and a fan-boy Jake and Boyle. Who knows, maybe the others would join in (though she doubted either Hitchcock or Scully would get up from their chairs for anything other than food) "Do you need anything?"

"No thank you, I should be going before the person I live with gets worried. Tell Jake I said bye!" Peter slowly stood up and ran off the edge of the roof, startling his new cop-friends. He shot a web to a far taller building, propelling his body through the air and began to swing back home.

The next day, a thank you note, a box of chocolates for all three officers who helped him and a polaroid selfie from Spider-Man on top of a skyscraper, the view behind him showing off the city of Queens busy with life, was left behind. The picture was laminated (by Amy, of course) and permanently stuck on the pillar.

Hitchcock and Scully stole half of the chocolates.

A/N

[PUBLISHED 21/09/2019]

A big thank you to @zarashaik243 for the awesome request, I hope it was what you wanted. Also, a big thank you for all those comments you leave on my work, they never fail to make me smile!  : )

Is it just me or do you really want the Area 51 to become an annual event? Not to break into the actual facility, just as a meet up with stuff like performances and activities. It could actually be a cool thing for our generation.

Also, do you think that will actually go down as an event in history? I'd just love to hear my kids/grandkids telling me about the great Area 51 raid failure and asking me if I lived through it.

Well, bye, I'm going to do some writing today and try and work through another request.