GRAVEYARD

Every Monday, Stark would hire a creepily convincing look-a-like to another part of town, put on casual clothes, a baseball cap to hide his face and make his way to the Graveyard to visit his parents. No one really knew this, not even the other Avengers and even Pepper thought he just went on walks to clear his head from work.

However, in the last few weeks he'd had to wait longer to go in as there was always the same boy standing in front of four of the stones, crying his heart out with no one there to comfort him. Each time he saw him, Tony felt something stab his heart and it was a while until he realized why. The boy reminded him of himself when he first visited his parents after their funeral.

Eventually he went with his better judgement and instead of waiting for the kid to leave, he walked towards him but wasn't sure what he'd say. He guessed he'd do what he always did and completely wing it.

"Hey," At the sound of his voice the boy spun around, his tearful eyes recognizing the billionaire instantaneously "I see you around here a lot."

The boy turned back to the gravestones and it was then that Stark decided to read the names at the top. The names etched into the surface were Richard Parker, Mary Parker and May Parker, they first two seemed to of died years ago but the last was only four months ago. He also vaguely recognized the name, she was the woman who'd been killed in a hostage situation that Spider-Man was trying to deal with. The Avengers showed up too late and seeing the consequences of them forcing an inexperienced hero to fight a serious villain all because they were too lazy.

"I'm so sorry, i'm sure they were amazing people." Stark guiltily admitted, nodding slightly towards the graves. 

"They were," The kids voice was hoarse from crying and was no louder than a whisper "They really were."

Before Stark could say another thing, and explosion was set off a good distance away sending the birds flying out of the trees from fear. He turned to tell the kid to run and run fast but he was already gone, the flowers that had been in his hands placed on the graves.

~-~-~-~-~-~

The next time he saw the kid was two weeks after the accident, he hadn't been to the graveyard for a while, and he had a healing bruise on his forehead, his left wrist was wrapped in a bandage and he walked with a slight limp. So slight it was almost unnoticeable.

He was placing a few flowers into the dusty jars, removing the dead ones onto the grass, when Tony approached him once more "Hey Kiddo, long time no see."

He looked up at the man, smiling slightly, a sight Tony had yet to of seen and warmed his heart just a bit "Hi Mr Stark." Even though he tried to look cheery he still sounded off and exhausted.

"What happened to you, you disappeared and finally come back all beat up?" Tony frowned, something else was going on here and he had so many questions begging to be answered swimming around in his head.

"I'm fine, just fell down the stairs outside of my Care Home," He answered but Stark didn't believe his words concerning his home "I just missed the other days I suppose."

That was a lie.

~-~-~-~-~-~

"SHUT UP!" A hand flew across Peters face, leaving a red mark that stung like hell. That was going to leave another bruise, he thought to himself, didn't Mr Jones have anything better to do with his life than abuse the kids he was supposed to care for?

The man stood over his body, panting out of rage, and still held his belt in his hand. Just looking at that made Peter wince and his back hurt even more than it already did "P-Please-" He tried to beg once more for him to stop but he was cut off by Mr Jones kicking him sharply in the chest with his hard-toed shoes.

Peter yelped from pain and bit his lip in a desperate attempt to do as he was told, knowing that crying would only make things worse. After another few minutes of constant beatings, Mr Jones left the room, probably to find another drink he bought with the money swiped from the kids pockets.

He was left there on the floor in a mixture of his blood and tears, face down on the wooden floor boards. Normally it wasn't this bad, normally he'd be able to walk away to then collapse in his room, wake up after a few hours and bandage whatever damage had been made. This was so much worse.

He could faintly hear Phoebe, one of the youngest kid in the house at only seven years old, crying from the cupboard where he had told her to hide after breaking the picture frame. Peter really wished she didn't have to see this, he wished for a lot of things. He wished he didn't have to go, he didn't want to go.

All of those things seemed pointless, he thought as he slowly slipped out of consciousness but before blacking out he saw a familiar face. May, guiding him towards the light along with his parents and they all smiled warmly at him. They forgave him, there had never been anything to forgive anyway.

~-~-~-~-~-~

The following Monday Stark visited the graveyard as always but saw a newer headstone with a small brunette kneeling in front of it. She couldn't of been any older than five yet there she sat, crying her heart out and gripping a small bouquet of roses & bluebells bought with pocket change. She was slipping their stems into empty beer bottles, one having a slight chip in it, that still faintly smelled of alcohol even after being washed multiple times. When Tony walked closer he heard her say something over and over again.

"I'm so sorry I broke the frame, this is all my fault, I should of found the phone faster or owned up. If I had maybe you'd still be here... I'm really sorry Peter, I promise to look after your family now, at least you're with them up in Heaven now. They can look after you and I'll look after them." She spoke between sobs and before she stood she placed a small picture, leaning it up against the stone.

It was then Stark recognized the kind face of Peter Parker that he'd never see again, the boy who he had seen crying there before. 

A/N

[PUBLISHED 15/01/2019]

Yeah, i made this one really depressing. I dunno, i just felt in the mood to kill someone off and i figured out how to make Peters death extra sad. I also made it 1000+ before this A/N, so not bad.

I also decided to release this earlier than i had originally intended to since I've been pre-writing a lot of chapters, all i need to do now is finish most of them. Such fun.

As always, if you see a mistake let me know or if you have a request comment on the chapter and/or message me. I'm always happy to take on board your ideas!

I'll (hopefully) see you all in the next update!