RUSSIAN & SIGN LANGUAGE

No one really knew sign language at the compound so, when Clint found that all of his hearing aids were either missing or broken, he thought he was fucked. Natasha, despite her best efforts, couldn't understand her best friends hand gestures and the rest of the team were completely lost with what to do. 

Tony Stark had his new unnamed intern with him that day to introduce to everyone, who luckily could be of help. Peter understood what the hero was desperately trying to say to his teammates, having learnt sign language a few years back to tutor a deaf student, an payed careful attention to what Clint was trying to say.

'My hearing aids are gone,' Clint signed even though he knew no one could understand what he was attempting to say 'I can't read you lips unless you slow down'

"He's asking you to slow down when you speak to him, he's struggling to read your lips." The kid spoke out from the corner of the room, his young voice surprising all the adults except for Stark, but even then he was taken aback.

"You know sign language?" Tony asked the kid who nodded in response "Well use it then!" He lightly shoved him towards the beaming archer sat on the sofa. 

Peter stood awkwardly in front of him'Uh, hi?' Peter signed, not sure what he was supposed to say 'What happened?'

'I can't find any of my hearing aids and no one here knows sign language apart from you' Clint shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

"Well? What is he saying, kid?" Natasha bugged him, then remembered they still hadn't properly been introduced "Also, who are you?"

Peter spoke slowly but still signed as he went along so Clint wouldn't be excluded "I'm Peter Parker, Mr Stark's personal intern" He grinned and Tony huffed in frustration.

"For the last time, call me Tony! Mr Stark was my asshole of a dad and makes me sound like an old man." He rolled his eyes at the kid he had secretly been looking after ever since Peters Aunt May had felt he wouldn't be safe at home, smart seeing as he was Spider man and had more than a few enemies.

"Yeah, you and I both know that isn't going to happen" Peter chuckled and felt someone tap his shoulder, turning around to find it was Clint.

'If you work with Stark can you help make some new hearing aids for me? You're doing amazing but I think Natasha's head is going to explode.' Clint smirked while he signed the last part, watching the scary red head out of the corner of his eye who was pouting and obviously infuriated at being left out.

"Mr Stark, is there a lab around here I can quickly make some new hearing aids in for Mr Barton?" Peter asked and, once Tony told him where it was, led Clint down the hall to get to work.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Natasha found the kid back in Stark's lab but this time building what resembled a miniature Death Star planet from Star Wars with a harmless laser fitted into where the weapon was in the movie. He had wireless headphones on and was humming along faintly to an unfamiliar tune while fixing parts onto his creation when the world famous assassin walked up to him. 

He quickly moved the headphones to hang around his neck after pausing his music and gave the woman a welcoming smile.

"Hello Miss Romanoff, can I help you with something, does Mr Stark need me?" He gently placed his screwdriver down onto the table.

Natasha nodded "Can you teach me sign language? In return I'll help you with homework, pranking Tony or something, if you want."

"To be honest I'd help you anyway but can you teach me some Russian? There's a new kid at school from Russia, he's struggling and I want to help him out." His request melted Natasha's stone-cold heart, how innocent was this boy? Stark sure knew how to pick them right.

This trade led to around a month of the two meeting up after Peter got out of his classes, sometime Natasha going as far to give him a lift when Happy was needed elsewhere but in a disguise, and the duo had learned the skills very quickly. 

While they were helping the other out, the two created a mother-son bond and eventually Clint (who knew both sign language and Russian) joined as the wacky uncle that probably shouldn't be trusted with taking care of anything.

Now, even though the three of them were very responsible people that didn't mean they weren't going to use their newfound 'powers' for what most would call evil. Peter would make stupid jokes in Russian whenever Natasha and Clint were in earshot under his breath  to cause confusion towards why the three would randomly laugh. To be more specific, he wanted to infuriate Mr Stark and it wasn't like the others would stop him.

Natasha used discreet sign language whenever Clint was talking to someone about a serious matter and make him either laugh, force back a chuckle or even roar with laughter until he had tears pouring out from his eyes, leaving whoever was talking to the archer utterly befuddled.

Tony tried to persuade them to let him into the groups secret as no one else was aware to what was going on exactly. He was slightly miffed that his kid was spending so much time with the other Avengers and once Peter realized this he made an excuse to spend the next weekend with Stark building in the lab, cheering his fatherly figure up immensely.

A/N

[PUBLISHED 03/12/2018]

[FIRST EDIT 12/01/2019]

[SECOND EDIT 24/06/2019]

I wanted to write a story not only about Peter bonding with Stark but also with the other Avengers, Natasha & Clint being the perfect fit for the part.

The art at the top isn't mine, only found through a google search.

Is there any characters you'd like to see getting closer and becoming friends then do comment them or message me, i would love to hear them. Please do the same if you have any other requests for me to write about.

Not much else to say, so i guess i'll see you all in the next chapter!