PETER IS WORTHY

It was a normal Friday evening for the Avengers. Natasha was ordering a few pizzas over the phone, Tony was beating Steve at a round of Mario Kart, Clint was (for no apparent reason) sitting on his head up on the sofa, Thor was with Loki on the floor and were playing some sort of Asguardian card game from their youth that Loki was most definitely cheating at without his brother knowing. 

They were all waiting for their Little Spider (who was unusually late back from his school) so they could set the table for Dinner and finally catch up after weeks of back to back missions. When Peter did arrive his backpack was curiously missing, his science books were stacked high in his arms and he looked extremely tired, the bags under his eyes heavier than they had ever been. Natasha raised her eyebrows at this but only asked what he wanted for Dinner, his reply drawing everyone's attention to him and causing Tony's fatherly side to come out.

"Pete, what happened to your bag? Did you lose it? How much sleep have you had recently? Do i need to call here Bruce again?" Stark stood up, tossing his controller to Clint who happily took his place without moving from his position all while rambling on with his questions until Pete stopped him.

"I'm fine Dad," Peter carefully put the pile of textbooks down on the side table and kicked his shoes onto the carpet before sitting in his spot on the couch next to Clint. He didn't bother questioning why the archer was upside down, he'd spent enough time around the group to find out this was normal for them "My bag split so i had to carry the stuff i couldn't fit in my locker, no I've not been sleeping much since I've been up studying but no you don't need to call Bruce."

Tony grabbed his kid a glass of water from the kitchen and handed it to him, noticing how Peter struggled to lift the drink from utter exhaustion "Are you sure about that kid?" 

"Dad, i'm fine, i'll just have a nap or something to recharge." Peter lifted his legs up next him and rested his head on one of the many cushions that littered the furniture. It wasn't long before his eyes fluttered shut and he drifted into a peaceful sleep. Stark made sure everyone was speaking in low tones to avoid waking him and let Peter stay there until the pizza arrived.

However, despite wanting to give his son a break Clint had decided to pull a little prank with the reluctant help of Thor. He took the teenagers own pizza box and pleaded until Mjolnir on the lid to make it impossible to open unless the Spider was 'worthy' enough. He couldn't be, even Steve could barely manage to shift it slightly and he was a super soldier pumped full of what was basically extreme science-fueled steroids.

When he was shaken awake and his food pointed out to him, Peter let out a frustrated sigh. This was 100% the work of the towers infamous prankster, Clint, with the help of a certain golden-haired Norse god. Still half asleep, he shuffled off of the sofa and sat cross legged in front of the pizza box. 

Behind him Clint was giggling away to himself, Steve looked at him with Tony disapprovingly, Loki was stealing the archers pizza box, Natasha was grabbing a super strong laxative to slip into Clint's drink as revenge on behalf of their favorite Spider. As you can tell, Clint wasn't the only person there who knew a thing or two about pranks. Thor was ready to watch another Midguardian struggle with the enchanted space hammer.

Peter, to everyone's astonishment, lifted Mjolnir with ease, placed it gently down by his side and pulled his box forward. He flipped it open and munched away contently on the Papa John's pizza, not turning around to take notice of the extremely confused adults behind him. He couldn't care less, he just wanted to eat and can you really blame him for that?

A/N

[PUBLISHED 06/11/2018]

[FIRST EDIT 09/01/2019]

(Don't question why i'm editing these randomly, i wasn't even planning on this today)

This is coming out a little later than i had intended but I've been focusing on the rewrite of my Nico Di Angelo at Hogwarts book (because boy is that cringy). Don't get too excited if you're one of the readers waiting on that, i still have got a long way to go before i'm completely happy with it and i'm doing at the same time as editing the one already published.

I hope you've enjoyed this chapter even if it's a bit shorter than i normally try to aim for (which is around 1000+) but i wanted to get one of these done and i love the prompt this is extremely loosely based on (the original didn't even mention Peter!)

As always, if you see a mistake let me know or if you have a request comment on the chapter and/or message me. 

Not much more to say, so...

See ya in the next one!