THE LEVEL RED INTERNS EXPLOSIVE RETURN

For a few weeks, Natasha Romanoff was the only Avenger that had crossed paths with the infamous Level Red interns. 

Her meeting probably had gone the smoothest out of the groups, having of visited their lab to get her blades sharpened.

The others, they had not even meant to cross paths with those mentally-unstable interns.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Matt wasn't usually allowed to wander the halls, even though his senses were sharpened that his blindness barely affected him. There had been occasions where he had come close to punching a brick wall, thinking the intern that had insulted him was still standing there, and far worse.

However, this did not mean he was bad at his job in the slightest. The gun he had created with the ability to go through detectors undetected impressed his peers, his ring with a small yet powerful taser and tranquilizer gave him a raise, and don't get me started on that reusable bomb disguised as an earring that could take down a warehouse in one go.

He had been working on a set of arrows, the ends ranging from being laced with poison, homing devices that would be verbally instructed on where their target was and even disassemble into a small cube, leaving no trace of the cause of death in bodies and have a tracker to obtain the arrow again.

Seeing as archery was a certain Avengers speciality and Natasha mentioned one of her intern friends working on an arrow-related project, Clint followed her down to the labs.

They pushed the door open. Keep in mind, Clint had never met them before and only wandered into the more professional labs a few times, and expected the trio to act the same (Natasha had deliberately not warned him ahead of time).

He did not, however, expect to walk in on a teenage boy juggling apples, another to be filming in the corner and the last to be aiming arrows at the juggling intern. Stunned, Clint watched as one of the workers, who wasn't even looking at where he was aiming, shot arrows at each of the apples mid-air and as they exploded in impact.

"Hello boys," Natasha grinned at the interns, the three of them turning to her and sending warm greetings to their terrifying friend "I've brought Clint to see the arrows. Nice aim, by the way, Matt."

The boy holding the bow smiled in Natasha's direction, not looking at her directly of course, and threw the weapon over his shoulder, the boy who had been filming catching it without even looking up from his phone.

"What in the actual fuck," Clint whispered to himself, watching as Natasha warmly greet her friends "What the fuck?"

Clint had been lucky, his brief meeting with the dangerous and slightly insane trio let him emerge without a hair on his head harmed. The rest of the team, not that lucky.

Why? Because it seemed they had all forgotten about the annual event each year of the interns Nerf gun battle that Tony had allowed as 'anger releasement in a proper way' (he just wanted to wa, with obvious rules set by a slightly amused Pepper.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Some interns called in 'sick' the day the battle was scheduled to take place, not wanting an injury or the creation of lifelong enemies on other floors. Although, the Level Red interns never dared to skip and were often the subject of arguments over which side got them on their team.

The employees were divided into two, teams red and blue. Their Nerf guns matched their teams colours and all went under clearance, checking for rule-breaking tinkering. However, if you'd remember, the Level Red interns possesed technology able to go undetected from all scanners.