RUNNING INTO MJ

For someone who seemed to spend most of their time sketching away at home, MJ sure did know how to hang out outside in places where most of The Avengers managed to run into her, Peter being the only one that recognized her. 

She must have some sort of gift.

~-~-~-~-~-~

The first time she was high up in a tree, perched on a branch with her back against the trunk and her side bag slung over a higher branch in a way that it hung down next to her, sketching random people that would occasionally pass by. Her favorite was joggers since their faces would almost always be comedic and perfect for her collection that one day would be put to good use. There was a comfortable silence around her apart from the birds chirping quietly in unfamiliar tunes that MJ faintly hummed along to.

When her pencil was scratching detail into the bench a good distance from her, the very same bench was crushed by a large piece of broken machinery that had fallen out of the sky with absolutely no prior warning. It was another moment before she looked up and that was when she noticed Iron man was in a battle with a ridiculous looking villain that she presumed was the source of the machine that was starting to represent an engine.

MJ watched in amusement while the world famous hero defeated the inexperienced loon that thought it was a good idea to take him on. It wasn't long until the idiot was beaten to a pulp on the ground and MJ saw that a fraction of the machine that broke her 'muse' had rolled to the base of the tree below her. Without making a sound, she dropped down from her seat and gingerly picked it up, well aware that it may be an explosive that may blow up in her face at any given moment.

Iron man was getting ready to fly back to his tower but he stopped when someone cleared their throat behind him. He turned around to spot a dark brown haired girl in scruffy clothes and a sketch pad slung under her arms but the most important thing was the metal piece in her outstretched hand. It was the power source that had been stolen from Wakanda months ago he had been tracking down and a random girl found it before he did.

"I think that imbecile dropped this, you might want it." She sounded bored, as if the battle had only distracted her from something important as she tossed the object towards Stark.

Iron man caught it easily in one hand, relieved that it was in a protective case and not capable of extreme destruction "Thanks kid."

"The names MJ, not kid. I'll see you around Stark." She rolled her eyes and gracefully leaped back up into the tree to continue and sketch her surroundings, erasing the bench to make it accurate.

~-~-~-~-~-~

The next Avengers to cross paths with the teenager were Clint and Natasha when they were out on a mission to take down a local gang leader that had started to delve into the dark web for Vibranium to send to one of The Vultures past associates. They had located him to an old abandoned warehouse, one of many in the empty plot based on the far side of town. Not many people ventured out there due to the multiple ghost stories created in the network of annoying kids. MJ wasn't one to listen to those strange tales and found it as a peaceful place to sit and work through her Biology homework or just think in peace.

To say the assassin duo were surprised to see a young teen sat on the roof west of the target was an understatement and that feeling only grew when Clint told Natasha that she was doing homework. They both decided to ignore her when they realized when she wasn't any kind of threat and continued with their mission.

The criminal was exterminated without any struggle, possibly from the fact he never saw or even heard the heroes approaching. What made that day interesting was when Clint sensed someone behind them, assumed it was the dead mans accomplice, and shot an arrow as he spun to face them. His eyes widened at the sight of the girl from before, holding the arrow with a blank expression but one eyebrow raised.

"You missed and, by the way, i only came here to say that dead guys buddy is on the way on a black Vespa with a bunch of fake cash in his bag." She sighed and dropped the arrow back onto the ground.

Clint looked at her in shock "How the hell do you know all of that, who are you?"

"My names MJ, s'up? I hang around here a lot and i'm the one that reported these people, also you have 45 seconds before the other dude storms in here with a alien weapon after he notices the doors you left open." She shrugged and strolled back into the shadows, climbed up the ladder that was nailed into the wall and went back to finish question four.

~-~-~-~-~-~

MJ had applied for a simple job at Stark Industries, expecting to be a low level intern but was taken on by none other than Pepper Stark and attended many meetings with possible 'allies' (that's what Tony called them anyway) for the company, securing almost every single one. The only businesses that walked away empty handed were scammers she sniffed out in seconds and even occasionally brought to justice in court. Of course she was too young to appear against them so Pepper always stood in for her.

She would happily recount her first time on the Avengers floor of the building to anyone she considered a friend when they asked, possibly because she wouldn't trade the memory for the world.

That day she had been carrying a large folder filled with background checks she had been trusted to sort through since she could easily spot an untrustworthy person with a hundred percent accuracy rate. Pepper had also requested for her to meet up with Peter since he was under house arrest after he stayed out to late on patrol, decreed by Tony Stark himself. 

She was led by JARVIS to the floor and walked in without looking away from the boyish face she was so eager to see, well aware three people there may recognize her face as it was not one anyone could easily forget. Confidence radiating with each step, she strode through the open doors connected to the elevator heading towards her glum boyfriend and smirked slightly at the multiple gasps. Peter looked up and beamed towards her as she placed the folder down on the coffee table, sat on the sofa next to him and let him snake an arm around her waist. She rested her head lightly on his chest and glanced innocently at Stark, Natasha & Clint, removing any signs of recognition from her eyes.

Stark stood up from his seat opposite the couple and pointed at MJ "You! You're that girl that threw the power source at me and jumped into a tree!"

Natasha stood up, Clint was simply too lazy to move "You're the girl that called in the crazy guy in and caught Clint's arrow!"

Peter pulled MJ closer to him and chuckled under his breath before facing the people he considered to be his family "I see you've already met my girlfriend, MJ."

A/N

[PUBLISHED 06/12/2018]

Honestly, MJ is so bad ass i just had to write this one shot almost completely about her. 

THERE MAY BE A SLIGHT GAP IN UPLOADS, I'M PRE-WRITING A BUNCH OF STUFF AND WORKING ON MY RE-WRITE OF A PERCY JACKSON HARRY POTTER CROSSOVER.

I don't own the awesome GIF/art at the top, it's just something cool i found on google.

I'd love to hear request for story lines, if you have any, so please do comment them below on any chapters, though preferably on the most recent, or message me.

Also, i would like to know if I've made any mistakes such as spelling or grammar so if you spot them, please comment below.

See you all in the next one! 

[THANKS FOR 800+ VIEWS!!!!]