PEPPERONY

Pepper collapsed onto the sofa on floor 36 of The Avengers/Stark Tower and put her head into her hands. All of her day was spent trying to stop the new interns from making stupid mistakes, risk assessing the plans she had been handed for a new floor of laboratories and sorting her way through a mountain of paperwork. She'd been on her feet for three hours straight, walking around almost every level the building had to give and her high heels caused her ankles to ache. 

Tony walked in, out of an Avengers meeting early, and was surprised to see his fiance on the coach so he closed the door behind him then made his way to the kitchen. Seconds later Pepper was in a deep sleep, her feet tucked up onto the cushions and into her chest. Tony smiled at the sweet sight. He knew she hadn't been sleeping properly for weeks but she was working too much to tell her to take a break. He grabbed a soft blanket and draped it over her, tucked her in, brushed a strand of her hair out of her face and behind her ear, slid her heels off then placed them onto the floor out of the way. He had tripped over them too many times to be too careful at that point. 

After that he ordered a pizza over the phone since it'd be the quickest meal to get and he sucked at cooking pretty much everything. Ask Pepper and she'd happily recount the the last time she had to replace the entire kitchen unit for the third time that month after the fifteenth explosion he caused.

It was a long thirty minutes until the pepperoni pizza arrived and was sent up to the floor the couple were on. Tony placed the box onto the coffee table and grabbed two plates from one of the many cupboards (he had no idea what was in half of them) then sat them next to the box.

"Tony?" Pepper slurred her words as she woke up and looked around, confused at where she was. It was quite cute to see her head pop from a pile of pastel blue blanket in Stark's opinion "What happened, why am i here?"

"You fell asleep, i ordered pizza and now we can catch up on that show you love," Tony moved the blanket, sat next to his fiance and cuddled her closer to his chest. He took the TV remote, found the latest episode on Netflix and pressed play "I'm assuming you're not going to protest?"

"Of course not," She snuggled into him and chose the biggest slice out of the box. For once Tony didn't complain "Thank you Tony, i really needed this, more than i had realized."

Together they binge watched an entire season of the absurd cop show Pepper had grown fond of after one of her work friends had introduced her to, munched their way through a box of pizza and shared a pot of Ben & Jerry's ice cream with two spoons. Slowly they drifted to sleep in each others arms, close as close can be, and eventually JARVIS automatically shut the flat screen down to let them be left in peace.

When they woke up Tony managed to persuade Pepper to stay with him on the coach and snuggle for another ten minutes with his hidden powerful puppy dog eyes. Then another and another and another. In the end Pepper got to her office an hour later than usual with her hair slightly messy though still in her smart ponytail. When people told her she looked better she told them she finally got some rest thanks to a certain someone.

A/N

[PUBLISHED 26/11/2018]

Thank you to @tonystark1098 for requesting a Pepperony one-shot. I really enjoyed making this one, it made a nice change from my usual Peter Parker centered stories.

This wasn't as long as i had hoped but it's nothing like the drafts I've deleted (you don't want to know, they're really bad)

As always, if you see a mistake let me know or if you have a request comment on the chapter and/or message me. I really do love seeing all of your comments, they brighten my day.

I'll see you all in the next one!