HARLEY AT THE TOWER

When Harley had found a letter addressed to him, it was strange seeing as he never got any mail. It got even stranger when he opened the envelope, realising it was Tony Stark inviting him to his Tower to get an internship. 

Apparently the billionaire had been keeping an eye on the kid he had known years ago and was impressed by what he had become, a major in mechanics with three awards for his work. His improved potato gun, his most prized possession, had even won a contest a few towns over.

He immediately packed a bag, filling it with the necessities and a few of his favorite blueprints, and headed to the hotel Stark had found for him stated in the letter. His mum would be working late, as usual, and, even though he doubted she'd notice he was gone, his little sister surely would. Harley quickly wrote a note explaining everything then hailed a taxi. There was enough money also enclosed in the letter to cover the trip and a little extra to grab lunch somewhere.

The next morning he entered the word famous Stark Towers, showed the entrance pass Tony had given him to the lady at the front desk and was directed towards the elevator. He was told to go up to the eighth floor, the AI taking him up (and making him jump) and asking him to wait in the lounging area for Tony, who had been alerted of his presence.

He waited on the couch, the silence lasting all of three minutes before a little girl ran in, a teenage boy around Harley's age running after her, out of breath.

"Morgan!" The guy called after the kid, who was looking at Harley in curiosity. It gave him a chance to pick up the girl, resting her on his hip and notice Harley himself "Uh, hello? Can I help you?"

"Hey, my name's Harley Keener, Tony invited me here. I'm an old friend." Harley put on a smile, wanting to make a good first impression on whoever the two people were.

"Oh yeah! I remember him telling me that you'd be coming," The guy shifted the kid resting on his hip, extending his hand to Harley for him to shake "I'm Peter Parker, this is Morgan, Tony's daughter."

Harley nodded, now remembering Morgan's face from an old newspaper a few years back "How do you know Tony? I'm sure he doesn't let just anyone look after his only kid."

"I'm, uh... I work with him, I guess. I'm sort of a friend of the Stark's too, I take care of Morgan when Mr Stark and Pepper are in meetings or when Happy's having a day off." Peter shrugged, unsure whether to spill his spider secret or not.

"Cool, do you know when Tony will be here?" He shifted on the couch, already bored.

"Wait no longer tiny humans, your god has arrived," Tony walked through the opening doors of the elevator, arms stretched out and with a smirk on his face. Peter let Morgan down and the five year old ran to her father, jumping into his arms "Well, hello there munchkin. I see you've met Harley."

"Hey Tony, long time no see." Harley grinned at him. Even though he knew he was going to meet Tony again, it was still incredible to be in the same room as the hero after all those years.

"It's good to see you too kid, how are you and your little sister?" He asked, walking closer to Harley to mess up his hair fondly.

Harley was surprised Stark even remembered he had a sister, but smiled all the same "Good. My mum got a new job with better pay, so we're doing fine, and Grace is eleven now so she'll be starting middle school in September."

"Good. I see you've already met Peter, he's my 'intern'," Tony used his free hand to finger-quote the word 'intern' "He's Spider-Man." Peter sent a small wave at Harley, standing awkwardly in the background.

"Cool! How do you climb on walls? I tried to make shoes so I could but I couldn't figure it out." Harley sounded so excited. Tony couldn't help but feel proud the two teenagers were getting along, though he couldn't pin down as to why.

"Oh, I'm not that sure, I just have sticky hands and feet, I guess." Peter shrugged.

"What about your webs? They're sweet-"

Tony watched as the kids went to sit on the sofa, engaging in an enthusiastic conversation together about Peter's suit and Harley's potato gun. Morgan tugged slightly on his shirt, asking for a juice box, and he walked away with her on his hip, leaving the two of them to talk.

He'd been concerned that they might not get along, that a rivalry might blossom instead of friendship, but, as it turns out, he needn't worry.

A/N

[PUBLISHED 11/11/2019]

oKAY, SOOOOO, I'm working on a few long chapters and there might be a longer time between published thingys. I'm trying to take more time with these things, so yeah.

I'll be busy the next few days, I'm also trying to sort out getting a job and a reasonable pay check for my age. So life is fun.