PETER BEING PETER FOR 1632 WORDS

Peter had said it once and he'd say it again; when breaking into the Compound, essentially signing your death warrant, he would prefer you doing so when he isn't baking. May was working late on the eve of her birthday, both a blessing and a curse, but it allowed Peter to bake her a birthday cake. When on the subject of baking, he decided to start making cookies for the other avengers.

He always wore his suit under his normal clothes, especially since the villains of Queen's started to form teams with one another, and had his mask tucked in one of his pockets or near his reach. That day was no exception and, over his suit, he was wearing a hoodie and jeans.

Just as he was putting his cookies into the oven, his watch went off. It wasn't a set alarm, it was a direct alert from Mr Stark, the watch having of been a forced gift from his mentor reserved for times the Avengers needed to assemble. It also told the time, so there was that.

However, he couldn't just leave his cookies. The last time he had left something in the oven, he had come dangerously close to burning down the apartment and received a very long lecture from Aunt May. The worlds mightiest heroes could wait a little longer, what's the worst that could happen? I mean, most of the time he was called in, it was just for meetings with the rest of the team.

The moment the timer for the cookies went, Peter hurriedly tipped them into a plastic box. In a rush, he pulled on his mask and wriggled out of his hoodie. When he went to get his jeans off, the zipper got stuck and there was no time to waste. He left them on, grabbed his tub of cookies from the kitchen counter and leaped out of his window, the webs shot from his right wrist swinging him along towards the Compound.

He managed to get there, though it was later than he would of liked, and landed expertly in front of a small gathering. Captain America, in full costume, cleared his throat, and shook his head in disappointment. Scarlet Witch and Iron Man stood behind him, arms crossed (although, Tony was smirking under his helmet, he expected something stupid like this from his kid).

"Spider-Man." Steve said, voice flat and slightly annoyed.

"Captain Patriotism." Peter responded in the same tone, though they could all hear the sarcasm in his voice. They could definitely all hear Tony's snicker, which did not help the situation.

"One, why are you twenty-eight minutes late?" Steve held up one finger, already losing his patience.

"I thought this was just a talk and I..." Peter took the tub of cookies out from behind his back "Um, had cookies in the oven."

Steve resisted the urge to turn around and slam his head into the wall, whoever the kid was, he was almost as annoying as Bucky. Where did Tony find these people? "Cookies." He repeated, exasperated.

"These are very important cookies. I brought some for everyone." He added in a cheerier tone, trying to lift the mood. Wanda used her powers to float the tub out of Peter's grasp, taking off the lid and nibbling on the edge of a cookie. 

They were still warm and surprisingly good. Maybe it wasn't so bad that Spider-Man had stuck around his place for them, she thought to herself, she just hoped no one else wanted the snack. They were hers now, whether they liked it or not.

"Alright, that brings up to number two, why are you wearing jeans?" Steve sighed, shaking his head again.

"Way to get personal Steve-O, sorry that my zipper got stuck, you can't expect me to always be in my suit."

~-~-~-(YES, I AM AWARE THAT'S NOT THE REASONING IN THE COMICS. DO I CARE? NO. NOW, ONTO THE NEXT PART.)~-~-~-