PETER PARKER LUCK

Bad luck hung over Peter like a persistent stormy cloud that refused to ever leave him, following above his head wherever he went and brought nothing but despair to the people who got close to the kid. 

It happened a few months back with his girlfriend Gwen Stacy, his parents, Uncle Ben and now it had unfortunately caught up to Aunt May. Poor May, she couldn't ever of seen it coming.

It was his fault.

He was the reason they were all dead.

If he hadn't started arguing with her about where he went each night, just told the truth, then she wouldn't of stormed out of the apartment to 'get some fresh air'. She wouldn't of screamed, a chilling scream that rattled his soul and still haunted his mind, at the van hurtling towards her.

Maybe if Tony hadn't believed the kid could go solo then he'd have somewhere to go to and wouldn't of slept on Ned's sofa that night. He wouldn't of been taken to a care home the morning after and maybe, just maybe, he would be able to smile again.

His phones screen lit up despite it being on the desk by his new bed and KAREN's voice softly called out to him. It was the only light in the room since all he'd done upon being left alone in his room was lay face down on his pillow and the light switch had never been flipped. He'd laid there for hours, the only company being his own depressing thoughts. 

That was until KAREN found a way to activate herself and find a way into his phone, his suit folded at the bottom of one of his draws under his normal clothes.

"Peter? You seem to be in emotional stress. Should I call Mr Stark?" She asked kindly, her coded maternal instincts kicking in.

"No... I'm fine I just need to be alone right now. I'll just go on patrol for longer tonight to... clear my head." He muttered the last bit, lying through his teeth.

He finished unpacking his single suitcase and carefully placing down the photo frames on his window sill. Looks like May has joined them, he thought bitterly to himself. Though he didn't stay mad, he never could when looking at the ones he lost, he still had to do something. Anything to distract himself.

So, he changed into his suit, locked his bedroom door by sliding the bolt across and leaped out of the open window. A thin yet strong web shot from his wrist, pulling him upwards onto the nearby building, still amazing him about the incredible strength.

But they weren't strong enough to save Gwen.

You weren't strong enough.

No, he couldn't think about that, not when he was already so weak. Peter shook his head, cursing him for even approaching such a sore topic and stopped swinging when he landed on top of a tall building. 

He didn't realize it was the Stark Tower, he was too lost in thought to know or even care. KAREN took this as her chance to privately send a text to Tony's phone alerting him of Peter's situation and attach his current medical status.

~-~-~-~-~-~

Tony had been in one of the most boring meetings in his life, listening to a dull business man try and persuade him to invest in his company or something (he hadn't really been listening and in honesty no one could blame him), when his phone went off in loudly from his suit pocket.

"Mr Stark, I thought you had promised me you had put that thing on silent?" The man scowled, automatically raised his hand straightened his frustratingly plain tie. Would it of killed him to find one with at least a dash of colour?

"I did, but that was an emergency alert from one of my AI's that there is no way I'm ignoring. Please do excuse me Mr Whatever-The-Hell-Your-Name-Is, this can most certainly wait." He rolled his eyes, took his phone from his pocket and while walking out of the conference room unlocked his phone. 

He almost stumbled when he saw Peter's name at a first glance and re-read the message immediately. He hadn't heard anything about him for a while and hadn't had the time to check in while trying to mend the Infinity War aftermath.

His eyes widened and he called for JARVIS to unlock the entrance to the roof, sprinting towards the waiting elevator. 

He needed to find Peter.

~-~-~-~-~-~

Peter put his head between his knees and tried to steady his breathing, gripping his arms tightly to try and distract himself. 

He didn't want to think about the people he couldn't save, he didn't want to see their faces every time that he closed his eyes or hear their screams every moment of every single bloody day.

And perhaps the worst part was he had no one to go to for help.

He was completely alone in the world.

"Peter?"

A/N

[PUBLISHED 07/02/2019]

[FIRST EDIT 24/06/2019]

If you enjoyed and would like, i'm up for making a second part for this chapter but it may take a while to get out.

If you guys spotted any mistakes then let me know by commenting on it and if you liked what you read then leave a vote so i can tell.

You can comment or message me if you have any chapter requests and i'll work on it as soon as i see it. I may be offline as i have a few things going on in my personal life so please stay patient. I always reply as soon as i can.

Thank you for reading and i'll see you all in the next one.