THE MISSING HYDRA PROJECT

The intercom crackled, but the little boy could hear the voice talking to him "Паук, ты готов начать тренироваться?" (Spider, are you ready to start your training session?) The man talking was the boss of the scientists and almost always shouting at someone. It was terrifying when his anger was directed at you.

"Да сэр" (yes sir) The kid replied quickly, not wanting to anger anyone. His back still hurt from the last beating, he couldn't risk getting another.

The speaker stopped making a noise, meaning it had begun. The blindfold tightly tied around his eyes was itchy and uncomfortable, but he didn't do anything to move it. It was nowhere near as irritating as his black jumpsuit, and both he didn't have a say in.

He slowed down his breathing to a steady pace on command, heightening his sixth sense and becoming in tune with his surroundings. On instinct, he dodged, ducked and weaved around in a graceful manner to avoid being hit by the objects being thrown his way. It was all resembling a mesmerizing dance, a flurry of limbs and a flash of brown and black.

Knowing he couldn't hear him, the kid started to hum under his breath. He could remember when he was a few years younger, before most of the tests were forced upon him against his will, one of the kinder women who looked after him singing a song when the nights were restless.

Incy Wincy spider climbing up the spout

Down came the rain and washed the spider out

Out came the sunshine and dried up all the rain

And Incy Wincy spider climbed up the spout again

He repeated the tune quietly, singing along in his head, and waited for the nightmare to be over.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Peter woke up in a cold sweat, panting, and regained control over his breathing. He had to stay calm, he couldn't wake the others up, not again. The light of the moon through the window dimly lit up most of the room, enough for Peter to assure himself that he was the only one awake.

He looked around, his eyes landing on the bottom bunk of the bed directly next to his. It was where Lewis, his five year old 'brother', was sleeping, the kids pastel blue stuffed bunny being hugged close to his chest.

Somehow the child had managed to kick off his blankets onto the floor and, seeing as it was the middle of Winter, was shivering slightly in the cold. Not making a single sound, Peter slipped out of bed and picked up the blanket. He tucked Lewis back in, hoping it wouldn't stir the boy.

Unable to get back to sleep, Peter sat by the window looking up at the full moon. In the many years he had spent in that place, he had never seen the sky. He could still remember the first time he did see the moon. 

It was after S.H.I.E.L.D managed to take down the facility, he had sneaked out of the building the moment he sensed danger and saw an opening. In fact, it was the same day Miss Williams had found him and taken him, at eleven years old, to her orphanage.

It had been five years since that day when Peter had found freedom. Since then he had started school, become a 'normal' member of society and managed to blend in with the crowd. Though, that didn't mean he didn't still have those powers of his.