PETER'S LITTLE BROTHER

The Avengers didn't know much about Spider-Man, they barely knew his name. The hero had slipped up once, telling them he was called Peter when hanging out at Stark Towers but caught himself before giving anything else away. He even made the team swear not to go digging for his identity, Tony especially.

Spider-Man was always silent around the others when the subject of family came up, making them assume it was not something he liked to talk about for good reasons. Stark knew why the spider might be closed off, he knew what it was like to lose family members and was lucky enough to have Pepper by his side. And Tony wasn't the only one, it seemed like the depressing personal life was a burden every superhero carried.

Behind the mask, Spider-Man was ordinary Peter Parker. A sixteen year old that went to Midtown, worked most of his afternoons in a coffee shop and moonlighted as a hero. He cared for his five year old little brother called Noah Parker. 

He had been looking after him ever since their parents died in a car crash, their aunt and uncle passing long before either of them were born. They were not alone in the world, though, they had each other.

Peter struggled to make rent some months, earning barely above minimum wage from his shitty paying job to the point he was considering getting another shitty paying job. He was strict about expenses, always reserving part of each paycheck for the bills and food.

He didn't want to reach out to any of the Avengers to solve his financial problems, to him that would be taking advantage of them. Also, Peter wanted to keep his baby brother away from all the fighting and trouble that came along with being related to Spider-Man or knowing the Avengers.

Noah knew his older brother was Spider-Man, since Peter didn't like hiding anything from him, and always managed to keep his lip buttoned about that. He would stay up late, against the rules, to wait for Peter to get home and would end up most evenings falling asleep by their bedroom window clutching his old teddy bear.

Tony was flying around the neighbouring cities one night, his suits camera connected to the TV on the Avengers lounging area playing directly for the others to see. 

They were all talking to each other while he flew, that was when Natasha pointed out the flash of red and blue they quickly identified as Spider-Man.

Silencing his suit completely, well aware of the spiders super hearing, Stark followed him out of boredom. He watched as Spider-Man dropped into a dark alley, pulling off his mask in the process.

From where Tony was hiding in the shadows, he couldn't quite see his face and was trying to stay quiet so asking Jarvis to enhance the image was not an option. He patiently waited, looking away when Spider-Man began to change into his civilian clothing, but turned back when he saw him leave the alley.

Under the street lights, he could clearly see what Spider-Man looked like underneath his mask. He was pretty young, looking like he belonged in high school at the very least, and was hiding his muscular body under baggy clothing.

"Jesus," Natasha mumbled "Spidey's a lot younger than I thought."

"You're telling me. We've seen this kid get shot and trapped under buildings, what must his family think?" Steve shook his head, not disappointed in the hero in the slightest, just sad that the world was in such a state the youth were taking matters into their own hands.

Tony sneaked closer as Peter walked up the steps of an apartment block, swiping a card at the front door and walking in. Stark disengaged his suit, the video continuing through the webcam on his glasses, and approached the building. 

He fiddled with the wiring for a moment, placing the front to the scanner back and grinning when the front door clicked open.

He walked up the stairs, following Peter's heat signature up to the third floor, and glanced around the corner as Peter unlocked the door to a flat.

Peter smiled as a small boy, looking to be around five with similar facial features to him, ran out of the door towards him. He lowered himself and picked up the kid, resting him on his hip, and planted a kiss on his forehead "Hey Noah," He said in a low voice, not wanting to disturb his neighbours "What did I say about staying up for me?"

"Not to do it, but you're usually back by eleven! It's eleven-thirty!" Noah whined, pouting and pointing towards the clock inside the apartment. He had been checking it constantly, growing more and more worried about his big brother with each glance.

"Someone's been practising telling the time, soon you'll be smarter than Miss Lily." Peter pinched Noah's cheek, the boys tiny hands swatting him away.

The kid yawned and rested his head on Peter's shoulder, reminding the teenager that it was too late for his brother to still be up "Come on munchkin, let's get you to bed." He murmured.

Peter walked inside his apartment, closing it behind him with his foot, and headed towards his bedroom.

"Peter's got a kid?" Natasha voiced her thoughts, still very much confused. Surely, the sensible (though somewhat pop-reference loving) hero wouldn't of gotten anyone pregnant at such a young age?

"Hey Jarvis," Tony muttered under his breath as he began to walk away and out of the apartment block "Find Peter's file and the one of the kid for me. Show them on both screens and read out what you find."

"Peter Parker, a sixteen year old male, no family apart from Noah Parker, his five year old brother. Parents, deceased since 2014, no past relationships, currently works at Roasted Beans, a coffee shop close to his home. Attends Midtown High despite his IQ being at 271, the documented reason for him not skipping to college being no financial means of obtaining a place in higher education. Noah Parker, attends Rose's Preschool, only living family member being his brother Peter. No official IQ but is excelling at school with suspicion of being ahead of the rest of his grade." Jarvis identified the two kids.

"Who pays for their stuff?" Tony asked, his Iron Man suit forming around him once he was out of the buildings CCTV range.

"Official documents show Richard Parker's signature on papers but I suspect Peter has been forging it in order to escape suspicion and child services. All money used to pay bills and other expenses come from Peter's bank account, earned from his current and past jobs."

"That's it. We're paying Spider-Man for his work so, if he asks you, you all get paid by S.H.I.E.L.D not only for fighting for them but also patrolling. Got it?"

They all agreed, there was no way they wouldn't help out Peter Parker in any way they could.

A/N

[PUBLISHED 22/08/2019]

I honestly love this chapter, I might do something else with the OC Noah Parker when I've finished a few chapters that are in the works right now. 

What did you lot think?

I'll be seeing you all (hopefully) in the next chapter! :)