BODY SNATCHERS, LOKI, AND TEENAGERS IN SPACE (WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG)

"Good morning weenies, get your asses in gear or I'll set 'em on fire."

Ah, Peter thought to himself, MJ was being her usual charming self. He chuckled and dragged himself up, regretting emerging from his covers when he realised the room was freezing cold. 

When he glanced over to her, he saw Michelle had her whistle (when they went on adventures it was easy for the others to wander off and that was her way of saying 'get your butts back here before I hunt you down') and was lowering herself down to where Ned was still sleeping. Well, at least it wasn't the flamethrower again.

He nodded and covered his ears in anticipation, his face lighting up with a shit-eating grin. Michelle took a comically exaggerated breath and blew as hard as she could into the whistle, the shrill sound jolting Ned from his once-peaceful sleep and caused him to land face down on the metal floors.

Peter smothered a laugh with his hand as MJ skipped out of the room, most likely off to rouse the rest of the team, and watched Ned complain. After hearing the whistle scream once more in different parts of their ship, they both realised it was best to get changed otherwise Harley would undoubtedly inhale their food packets.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Righty lads," Harley bounced into his 'captain' chair (it would be safe to bet he'd named it that himself and was the only one to use the name) "What we getting up to today?" He spun around to face the others and sat oddly in the chair, sort of sideways with his legs hanging off over one of the arms.

Michelle rolled her eyes and went back to continuing to adjust the map they'd drawn on the wall in sharpie, changing it to wipe off one of the planets they'd 'accidentally' obliterated. In her defence, it was one hundred percent Harleys fault.

"We got a late recorded message from Shuri last night, apparently Quill and the rest left earth a weeks or so ago with Thor, they're looking for Loki and might meet up with us."

The yet-to-be-named team had crossed paths with The Guardians months before and had formed a sort-of alliance. Gamora had become a kind of mum to the teenagers after finding out they had no proper families of their own, while Quill was the childish cousin you should never follow blindly without expecting chaos.

Both Mantis and Drax were fun to teach human customs, though the latter was also surprisingly incredible at hide and seek. He was the reigning champion, and he rarely even moved from where he'd started. Harley and Rocket had a concerning competition of 'who can steal the most unusual thing from the others ship', the current winner being Harley who had somehow removed their toilet with no one noticing for hours.

Michelle liked spending time with Groot, just playing music and painting empty walls of the ship together. Groot wasn't exactly Picasso, but his paintings were so adorable, especially the ones of the Guardians. He was good company, as well as very cute when perched on the shoulder, holding gently on the person's ear to stay balanced.

In a weird way, they all made a dysfunctional family.

"Loki? Didn't she say he tried to invade the world a few years back?" Ned threw a bouncy foam ball from hand to hand, internally struggling to not lob it at Peters head.

"Well, we all have bad days." Harley shrugged, nudging the window near him with his foot to start spinning.

"Since it was sent a week ago and The Guardians stashed a tracker on this since they're helicopter parents, they'll be around soon." Peter yawned and shuffled out of the kitchen area.

"You know, we haven't been home in a while," Harley slowed down, leaning his head back to stare up at the sticky yellow man that was stuck on the ceiling "It'd be nice to see normal humans again, maybe watch a movie or just do regular kid stuff."