TEAM RED

WARNING!

THIS IS A VERY OLD STORY THAT I NEVER THOUGHT I'D PUBLISH, EVEN WRITING THIS WARNING NOW, I'M THINKING OF JUST DELETING IT. 

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK AND BE PREPARED TO LOSE A FEW BRAIN CELLS.

Peter Parker wasn't what you'd call popular but the friends he did have were considered as family (with the exception of Wade, that would make their relationship really weird). 

When May worked late he would spend the night at one of their houses and, if word got around on the group chat, then he would be joined by the entire group.

Something that drew them closer was the fact Peter, Wade and Matt were superheroes, Ned directed them from his chair through ear pieces Peter had made and MJ had some decent training in First Aid. Together they made quite the team. 

The Red Team, as a matter of fact.

Stark had heard of the upcoming group of heroes over in Queens and one day curiosity got the best of him. 

He had no idea who any of them were, or that Spider-Man was one of his interns that Bruce had taken a liking to.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Hey, hey Peter wanna see me with baby legs again?" Wade grinned from under his mask and cartwheeled around the roof they had decided to take a break on.

"Wade last time that happened you couldn't come in to school for a week and MJ had to babysit you in secret from her parents, not to mention make a fake call to the school pretending to be your mum. So, no, I would not like to see that again." Peter sighed as he laid on the rooftop and watching his overly energetic teammate occasionally fly past like a maniac.

Matt smirked and stuck his foot out at the exact moment Wade was passing him to trip him up, sending him off of the roof "Whoops." He chuckled to himself.

Wade scrambled back up in a matter of seconds, pouting like the child he really was and sat crossed legged at the edge of the building "Not fair, you did that on purpose!" He whined and looked indignantly away from Matt.

"Who? Me?" Matt grinned and took one of the sandwiches that they had made from the bag. He chucked the others so one landed next to Peter and 'accidentally' hit Wade in the shoulder with his "I'm only a blind boy, please don't hurt me."

"Oh come on," Wade scoffed and unwrapped his dinner "Don't go playing the blind card on me you demon!"

"Ladies, calm down." MJ spoke from her end of the earpieces. She was sat on the large desk, cross-legged, and was eating the Happy Meal she had made Peter get her on his way to patrol. The plastic toy, a cheap catapult, was balanced on the top of the computer and aimed at Ned, against his knowledge.

Ned smirked, looking up at the computer monitor from his phone (he'd been texting Betty again), and was so glad he had left his headphones on, even though his microphone was muted. Giving Michelle control over the technical end was definitely one of his better ideas.

"Fine, but just know this isn't over you little-"

"Guys." Peter spoke sharply and sat up, putting his sandwich down slowly back into the tin foil "I don't think we're the only one's here."

"Are you sure Spidey?" Wade asked, sticking to their code names. Peter nodded "How long?"

"Around a minute or two, I just thought it was the usual news reporter at first so I didn't say anything but I'm starting to think I'm wrong." He wrapped up the snack in the tin foil again and Wade shuffled closer to the other two.

"What else?"

"I can see something red not too far from here and a faint whirring of machines. I hope I'm wrong but I think it's a particularly persistent tin can is poking his nose in our business." Peter groaned and laid back down onto the roof in defeat. Could he not have one night where they didn't have a stalker?

"Does this mean I can do my thing?" Wade perked up and smiled mischievously at Peter.

Matt immediately protested, remembering what had happened before when they gave Wade the chance to run wild, but Peter admitted it would be the only way to escape without something even worse happening. Matt argued that nothing worse could happen than them giving Wade freedom.

Stark watched, interested by the three masked heroes, who he suspected to all be around the age of twenty looking at their physique. They had traveled around town, taking out robbers or muggers along the way and leaving them tied up for the police to find, then stopped off on the roof of what seemed to be an abandoned warehouse to eat. 

When one of them tripped the other off of the roof down onto the ground, around thirty-two feet below where he had been doing odd acrobatics without a care, they didn't bat an eye. Maybe it had something to do with him scaling the building in only a few seconds to join them again without a scratch.

After a few minutes of curious watching, Spider-Man said something that put them all on edge and they spoke quietly about something they wanted to keep to themselves. Stark couldn't hear a thing so he just watched them talk.

He was so focused on trying to listen in on what Spider-Man was saying he never spotted Deadpool sneak away, somersaulting roof to roof while humming the theme song to The Office, and knock Tony out with a rubber chicken.

Just don't question it.

A/N

[PUBLISHED 27/06/2019]

Like I said at the top, this is old (I think it was written last year) and even then I thought it was a bit crappy. 

However, I had edited it a bit over the last few days (I need a new hobby) so it shouldn't be as bad as it once was. Did that make sense? Oh well.

I'm publishing this early in the morning (at least where I am in the UK) because I really want to stop seeing it in my draft section.

I've been working on a few new things, some are original and some are influenced by Tumblr/Pinterest posts I have seen. Either way, I try to make it my own.

See you all in the next one!