HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS [SHORT CHRISTMAS SPECIAL]

Under a pile of fluffy blankets, Peter was curled up in the fetal position. While he did love christmas time, one thing he hated was the cold, especially after the bite. Spiders did not do well during winter, many hibernated, and ever since Peter had his DNA became infused with that of an arachnid, he was tired whenever a cold spell hit.

He was in his apartment, alone. Michelle was on holiday, planting trees with her cousins, Ned was at home with his parents playing board games for family bonding night, and May was driving home. She'd been working late and was stuck in heavy traffic. Who knew Christmas Eve would be so busy on the roads?

Pepper and Morgan were staying at the Avengers Compound, Happy with them, so there was no chance of a phone call. In all honesty, he was shamingly not close to the remaining Starks, but he had hoped for a text from Happy at the very least.

The remote was too far away from his reach. Attempting to get it would mean emerging from his warm nest he'd constructed, a loss he was not willing to take. Peter shifted his head on the pillows, closing his eyes for a few minutes. He hadn't intended to fall asleep, but he was so comfy.

•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•

When morning rolled around, Peter poked his head out of his mountain of blankets and wearily looked around. At some point, late the night before, May had gotten home and sat down by him on the couch His head was on her lap, her hand rested on his head, and a faint smile was playing on her lips.

He could smell something sweet. Peter peered over to the kitchen. On the top of the kitchen island was a cupcake stand with Christmas themed cookies, cakes and mince pies. She must of gotten them on her way back, even though she must of been exhausted.

Peter smiled and rested his head back onto her lap. A few more minutes wouldn't hurt, besides, his Aunt deserved some extra sleep.

"Merry Christmas Aunt May"

A/N

[PUBLISHED 25/12/19]

To those who celebrate it, Merry Christmas/Tulsi Pujan Diwas/Kwanzaa (I'm sure there's a few my very sleep-deprived brain is missing, sorry), but if you don't, I hope you just have a good day : )