PETER PARKER, PHOTOGRAPHER

For many people, photography is just a fun little hobby. Not for Peter, though, photography was his career and he took it seriously. He saved up money to buy a professional camera with a basic kit, was hired by a newspaper by the name of The Daily Bugle to take pictures for articles and spent most of his time either working or running his public Instagram page. 

On his account he'd post pictures that the editor didn't include or was irrelevant to his job, like snaps of the city of Queen's. He quickly amassed a large following, become famous through the accounts anonymity. The page had even been on the News when, in the background of one of his shots, a mugging had been caught. After that the police were in touch and even asked him be a contact to search through his photos if a crime took place near him in case of clues.

Peter had given up his life as Spider-Man after the death of his first girlfriend, Gwen Stacy, at the hands of his old friend Harry. He'd turned him in to the police the moment he managed to catch him. Then his Aunt May passed in an accident, meaning that there was no time to be a vigilante fighting crime, he had to pay the bills. From the age of eighteen he was alone, distancing himself from people like Ned and Michelle out of fear that he'd hurt them too.

One night something happened when following his usual routine. He got dressed in dark clothing, hung his work lanyard that allowed him closer to scenes and acted a pass most of the time to police around his neck, ready to go out. 

His camera was ready in his hands, itching to snap a few shots. Peter has his web shooters on his wrists, hidden under the sleeves of his jacket, just in case something went horribly wrong. He had hoped never to have to use them again, despising the memory they held, but he'd rather pass them off as odd bracelets to cops than a knife in the situation he was stopped to be searched.

Once he was prepared, he started his usual round around the streets of Queens on foot. He held his camera at his chest, occasionally taking pictures of the setting sun or wildlife in nearby parks. In no time he had a small collection, mostly foxes, rabbits, birds and squirrels but a few others.

Around the time he stopped to sit on a bench to scroll through his card, his spidey senses went off to alert him of an arrow aimed straight at his head. He ducked, rolled and sprang back up to his feet a meter away from where he had sat. Peter had raised his right arm in defence and his left shielded his camera.

"Woah woah, calm down buddy," A girls voice spoke from a tree directly opposite him and in a few seconds a hooded figure, presumably the speaker, dropped from its branches onto the grass in a beginners stance "I thought you were the pedo that's been taking pictures of people through their windows a town over and, besides, it was a rubber ended arrow. I wasn't going to hurt you. Who are you anyway?"

That was why he didn't sense any actual danger, Peter realised. He paused a moment to take in who was talking to him. He could see long dark brown hair from under her deep purple hood, she was dressed in a similar material to leather styled in a Robin Hood theme. It didn't help that she was holding a bow and had a fully stocked quiver on her back. This was Arrow, Hawkeye's daughter that had followed in her dad's footsteps.

"Peter Parker, I'm a photographer for The Daily Bugle," He flashed her his lanyard holding his ID, feeling less on edge knowing that she was a trustworthy hero "I didn't mean to act suspicious, it's just that my boss told me that I usually get the best shots at night seeing as that's when the Avengers come out to play."

She flicked down her hood, not caring about her identity that was already common knowledge "The name's Lila Barton but I'm guessing you already knew that." Lila smirked at him.

"I didn't actually, I only take pictures, I'm not too bothered about looking into heros personal lives," Peter shrugged. He honestly didn't care about their real names or lives, if they protected the world then they were good in his books. Unless they turned out to be a murderer under the mask, he couldn't care less about their identities "Sorry."