AN ARGUMENT

Stark wasn't the friendliest person in the world, that he would admit, so Pepper wasn't too surprised when he told her that him and Peter had gotten into an argument. What she didn't expect him to say is that the kid wasn't talking to him anymore and had manually removed all tracking in his suit, gone through KAREN's code so the billionaire couldn't call him and so his AI wouldn't send any information back to him. 

Peter hadn't been in contact with Mr Stark for over three months so when he was told by his best mate Ned that the next field trip would be at the Avengers Tower he freaked out. Would Mr Stark separate him from the Decathlon team and lecture him? Would he be completely ignored? Would he be kicked out?

Questions like those were all he could think on the journey to the Tower and while they made him become even more nervous at least they helped to block out Flash's taunts. The noise from the rest of the team was unbearable so Peter tried to get some some sleep at the back of the coach but ended up staring at the back of the seat in front of him. His eyes fixed on the dirty fabric that was peeling away, the faded insults someone had written with a marker and the mud the footballers had scraped off of his shoes onto the bottom of the chair.

Ned was next to him jokingly arguing with MJ about how Star Trek and Star Wars are completely different franchises. He was so intent on proving her wrong that he didn't notice his friend shaking slightly, holding back tears or tightly gripping his sides out of pure fear. It was only when they arrived at the famous Tower that he saw Peters state and comforted him with MJ.

As a three they walked into the building, as a three they stuck together at the back of the tour group to talk and as a three they were worried about what was coming next. However none of them knew that Tony Stark was watching them walk around the floors, led by an Intern, in his rarely used office and was struggling to not cry. He hated the fact he was the one who drove the kid away by being extremely overprotective and very controlling. Stark was doubting that the teen could protect an entire city on his own while balancing a school life and hiding his identity. He tried to confiscate his suit a second time (it seemed he hadn't learned from the first time) but it all resulted in the Spider-Boy storming out and swearing to never go back ever again.

Yet there he was, listening to the tour guide talk about what had happened when the boss scrapped all weapon manufacturing with the two people that had replaced said boss. Ned was his Man In The Chair and had hacked into most of the towns CCTV cameras to locate any suspicious behavior that helped stop crime before they even happened while MJ had been studying engineering to everyone's surprise. She helped Peter work on his suit and web shooters while also patching up the idiot whenever he managed to injure himself along with scolding him each time. All together they made an amazing and unbreakable team .

Stark decided it had been too long without the Little Spider around and formulated a plan to get Peter alone to talk. He walked into the elevator and asked FRIDAY to take him to the same floor as Peter. His hands were shaking so he stuffed them into the pockets of his jacket before exiting, heading straight for the tour group. The Intern looked up and smiled over at her boss while all of the students looked around at the displays of the major heroes from all ages. 

When he came close to Peter he cleared his throat enough for the kid to hear "Hey, can we talk?" He asked quietly, very aware of the other two teenagers listening and watching his every move.

"Only if MJ and Ned can come too." Peter sounded cold and distant, nothing like the Spider Stark had once known. He had changed over the months they had refused to talk and Tony wasn't sure if it was for the better.

The trio followed Stark away from the class and into the corridor just outside where the friend group faced the man who they had learned to block out. An awkward silence fell upon the odd group until Tony decided to say something.

"Can i talk to Peter alone?" He wasn't exactly comfortable letting months of wallowing sadness out around two kids he'd never met before but obviously were very protective of Peter. Especially the girl, she had a look that made Stark have the feeling she wouldn't hesitate to snap his neck in a heart beat if he made one wrong move.

"No chance, we're not leaving our mate alone with you." MJ answered defiantly, crossing her arms over her chest while subconsciously moving closer to Parker in defense.

"Can you two go? I'll be fine and i'll meet you two back in there before you know it." Peter told his friends who reluctantly went back into what was essentially a museum for super heroes to what he could only presume to listen in on the conversation.

"Peter, i'm really sorry-" Stark started but was cut off by the kid throwing himself into his chest and wrapping his arms around the mans torso. Once he overcame his shock he hugged Peter back and rested his chin on the boys curly mop of unruly hair, smiling.

"Mr Stark i forgave you a long time ago but i was too scared that you hadn't." He muttered into Tony's chest "I was scared if i came back here you'd kick me out and take away my suit again"

"Not going to happen Underoos" He pulled the kid closer to him.

"Promise?"

"I Promise"

A/N

[PUBLISHED 23/11/2018]

I know i sort of rushed the ending a bit but it isn't too bad i guess, I could of definitely done worse. I don't own the art at the top, i got it from google, and i just love sassy MJ.

Don't really have much else to say here so i'll put in what i always do.

As always, if you see a mistake let me know or if you have a request comment on the chapter and/or message me. 

See you in the next one