Chapter 4

Connor and you had gotten into a taxi and were driving to hanks, there was an awkward silence. You usually weren't the type to stay quiet so this just made you more uncomfortable. For a good five minutes you kept glancing over at Connor to see if he would talk, but he didn't.

"I'm sorry but this silence is bugging me." You said every thing really fast and Connor looked at you trying to understand what you had just said, after a couple of seconds he understood "for an android, you are very talkative." He looked ahead, out the windshield. "That's because I'm a new modeeeel" you dragged out the 'e' in model as you dramatically pointed out the little patch on your shirt that said AN 1000. "Also very energetic. Why did cyberlife program you like that? I mean, the only androids I've ever seen were programmed, well, normally." He looked over at you and started rolling a coin on his fingers. "One, rude. Two, as far to my knowledge, cyberlife programmed me to have an overall different, personality, if that's the right word. They thought that if there were two different mindsets working on this case, it would be solved much faster than if there was one. To add to this personality they programmed me with to a certain degree of emotions, of course not enough to affect the mission...if you were thinking of that." You started fiddling with your fingers as you waited for a response.

"It will be, interesting to be working with you on this case. Hopefully cyberlife was right." He put the coin away as the car came to a stop in front of hanks house. It was raining as you both got out and walked up to the door. You knocked, and when there was no response Connor pressed on a door bell that was an annoying buzzing sound. "It's me, Connor!" There was no response. "Come on, where is he?..." You asked as you walked over to the window to find Hank unconscious on the floor. You panicked thinking the worst, you frantically tapped the air as if you were tapping some ones shoulder, Connor took notice and looked through the window. "Step back." He said as he got ready to break the window, you took two or three steps back before Connor shattered the glass with his elbow.

Connor sloppily fell inside and laughter replaced your worry for a quick moment before you jumped through the window in a more swift manner, landing in front of Connor. You rushed over to Hank, but Connor was held back by a big dog. Connor looked scared and it was adorable as he tried to speak "e-easy...Sumo, see I'm your friend, I know you name. I-I'm here to save your owner." He had put his hands up as a shield, the dog barked and walked away. Connor was soon scanning over Hank "to  much alcohol intake, he's unconscious but in stable condition." You told Connor as he scanned over hanks past out body. "Would you stop doing that." Connor was a little irritated "what did I do?" You had gotten defensive at his attitude. "I'm fully capable to obtain that knowledge on my own, stop treating me like I can't." He didn't let you respond but instead tried to wake Hank up. He tapped hanks cheek "lieutenant?" Hank coughed but he was still not awake.

Connor exhaled and before you knew it he slapped Hank across the face "lieutenant, it's me, Connor!" You started laughing as Hank was waking up. "Connor? What the fuck are ya' doing here?" Hanks words were slurred and drowsy. "Hey." Hank looked at you still very drunk "that's not (y/n), she died." Connor slung hanks arm around his neck as he pick him up from the ground. "Sorry Hank but I'm alive. My memories were just uploaded to a new model." Connor started dragging Hank with him to the bathroom "thank you in advance for your cooperation." Connor was having a little trouble with Hank so you took hanks other arm "get the fuck out of heeeeeeere!" He was...very drunk. "Sumo attack!" The dog just barked from where he was laying and you smiled. "Good boy, attack!" You held Hank as Connor opened the door, you walked in to the bathroom with Hank and set him down on the rim of the bath tub. "Bathtubs for the drunks." You said to yourself. "I don't need a bath thank you." Hank stood up but Connor just pushed him back into the bathtub "sorry lieutenant, it's for your own good." He said, then turned on the water. As soon as the ice cold water hit his skin he came to his senses. "AAAH! Turn it off! Turn it off!" Connor shut off the water and Hank sat there. "What the fuck are you doing here?. Hank asked again but you know, with out being extremely drunk. "A homicide was reported 43 minutes ago. We came here to see if you were home."  Hank sighed "Jesus, I must be the only cop in the world that gets assaulted in his own house by his own fuckin' androids." Hank said as he pulled himself to the rim of the bathtub. "Can't you just leave me alone?" He said. "Sorry, but it's our job as annoying as it is to you scruffy boy." You said giggling a little. "Get out of here!" Hank was mad but also amused by you. "I understand, it probably wasn't interesting anyway...a man found dead in a sex club down town, guess they'll have to solve the cause without us." Connor smirked as he teased Hank. You couldn't help it you had to join in "you were probably busy any ways...with choosing the best whisky or beer, so much more fun." You let out a small laugh. And you could tell Hank was disturbed with your presence.

Hank \/

"You know, probably wouldn't do me any harm to get some air...there's some clothes in the bedroom there." Hank changed his mind. "I'll go get them." Connor said before walking out of the bathroom, you followed behind him. "Hey, Con?" You wanted to talk to him. "Don't call me that...but what do you want?" He spun around on his heel to face you. "I'm sorry I guess you would prefer asshole...any ways, I didn't mean to upset you, I just want to help. I already had found out what was needed to know so I told you, but I didn't mean for it to seem like you were not capable of anything of the sort." He just gave a small smile before turning back around "if I'm an asshole what does that make you?" He teased as he looked through clothes. "Hmm, annoying..." You said giggling as you picked up a picture you spotted. Connor laughed as you scanned the picture

Cole Anderson
    Deceased

That sounds greeeeat... You thought sarcastically, feeling sympathy for Hank, from the look of the boy you concluded he was hanks son. "What did you find?" Connor looked over your shoulder and was really close to you, you delta your cheeks start to heat up, you were blushing? You moved a little closer to the dresser to give yourself some personal space. "Do you want me to tell you, or do you want to scan it yourself big boy?" You teased, he glared at you with a smile and playfully snatched the picture out of your hand. "Oh..." He came to the same conclusion you had then put the picture down on the dresser "something tells me it would be best to not bring this up with Hank." Connor agreed with you and went back to the clothes.

You had picked out the clothes and Hank had changed into them, now you were waiting outside for Hank. You saw a tree and started climbing it, you shimmied across a branch that was right above Connor "look out!"you laughed and let go landing on Connors shoulders. "W-what why, For what reason did you do this!" Connor was flustered as you laughed "I wanted to see what it was like to be taller than you." You giggled "get off of me AN." Connor still refused to call you by your name "it's (y/n)!" You flipped backwards off of his shoulders and landed on the ground. He gave you yet another playful glare and you ruffled up his hair

"HEY!" He yelled and you started laughing hard.

Hanks POV

I walked out side to see (y/n) on Connors shoulders. I couldn't here what they were saying but I knew it was a mixture of laughter and frustration. She flipped off of Connor quite impressively then messed up his hair, I chuckled as Connor screamed. They seemed to have bonded quickly. I walked up to them as Connor bickered at her as he fix his hair "come on, we have to go you two." I smiled as I got into the drivers seat and (y/n) and Connor got in the back seats, soon we were off.

Just felt like giving you some robo-Jesus up top there 😄