Chapter 30

Hey! We made it to thirty!

You snapped back to reality panicked, frantically looking back and forth before realizing the gunshot didn't actually happen. "What the fuck..." You mumbled shakily. Too much, these visions were becoming too much. With that dream from Connor and your mission (that was extremely anticlimactic😂)now with this, they were messed up.

You got up and started walking to Jericho... Not a smart move, but that wouldn't stop you. You could smell the salty waters that were quickly dropping in temperature due to the weather as you approached the rusty boat. You made your way up to the top and jumped down with a loud metallic thud that reverberated off the walls. Each step was loud and echo-y as you walked down the empty halls. You were surprised to see Death sitting by one of the barrel fires. "Oh, (Y/n)!" She chimed. "Hey." You responded. "I thought you were staying at the DPD since all hell is breaking loose tonight." She chuckled. "Yeah, it's just..." You trailed off, not finishing your sentence. "Deviancy has been a lot to handle?" She presumed as you sat next to her. "Yeah... Way too much to handle." You chuckle exasperatedly. She laughed along "once mood swings kick in they're strong, but last a couple hours before becoming way more manageable. Put it in short, you won't be a shit storm for long." She laughed. Her smartass humor was a good break from everything.

"So, why no DPD?" She asked. "I... I fucked up." You sighed and face palmed. "Oh boy, spill the tea sis." She laughed before flopping to her back with her hands behind her head.

Of course you told her everything, because it was a chance to get it off your chest. "So... You sent this bitch to the ground you say?" Death reiterated with a raised eyebrow. "Not the point!" You laughed. "Bet it was bad ass." She smirked, only making you laugh more. "Aaaannyways"

You and Death laid there talking and laughing for what felt like hours.  But at some point, the sound of androids filling into the boat echoed through the halls. "Well, I should get going." You said getting up. "Nooooo, stay a little longer!" The strawberry blond cried jokingly. "I have to gooooooo!" You mimicked with a chuckle. She smiled at you and with that you made your way to the exit. You came to a crowd of androids and tried to make your way through but you were slammed to the floor... Again. "FOR FUCKS SAKE! Michael, do you really have to attack me every time I show up here?!" You shouted angrily trying to squirm free. "How did you get here deviant hunter!" A woman's voice yelled furiously... So not Michael. "I'm helping Markus! Why am I always getting sent to the floor when I come to Jericho! It doesn't feel much like a safe haven when you're attacked." You kept struggling, you didn't want to do anything to hurt her. "North, let her go. She's not an enemy." Markus' voice caught North's attention. "Markus! Hey!" You chimed as you turned your head to look up at him. North reluctantly released you and you stood up wiping off your skirt. "Sorry about that, not many of our people trust you." Markus apologized on North's behalf. "I can see that, anyways hello North. I'm (y/n), nice to meet you." You looked to see a ginger girl, wait... Who the fuck tucks their hair into their shirt?! "I know." She huffed.

Well... She's nice

"So, what brings you back?" Markus asked. "Oh, just needed to ask about mood swings since they're pretty bad." You chuckled nervously. "Oh, well I wouldn't really know. I had an easy time with mood swings." Markus gave you no help. "Repetitive..." North mumbled. You hummed questioningly. She rolled her eyes "when you do something repetitively and focus on that, it helps. Like tossing a ball against a wall or focusing on the tap of your finger." She explained. That was... Surprisingly helpfully from the girl that obviously didn't like you. "Thank you so much." You gave your thanks and explained you had to be on your way. Before you finally got out you could hear North bickering about you to Markus.

Can't be liked by everyone...

You walked down the sidewalks, snow had started to fall. The roads had barely any cars because... It was one in the morning, plus snow wasn't exactly very safe to drive through once it gets thick enough. Funny how Jericho was only an hour walk from the DPD, wet not a single detective has been able to piece it together.

Your hand pressed against the screen as your skin pealed away. The doors opened and as you stepped in you shook off the snow that laid in your hair. You looked around and found Connor... Slowly spinning around in his chair as he chewed on his thumbnail. "What are you doing?" You laughed awkwardly. He looked up at you "you've been gone for hours." He said. "I know, I know. I was just, chilling." You smirked at your awful pun while Connor was not amused. "I know you're upset, and I messed up." You acknowledged. "Can we talk about this?" You asked. He closed his eyes, sighed and nodded.

You both sat down. "Where were you?" He asked. "I was getting myself together." You said, I mean, you weren't lying. Now wouldn't be a good time about the vision you had so you saw no point in telling him about that. "The last few days have been, difficult. I know you're tired of hearing me say it over and over again. But I ask you have some patients with me when I say I just need some time to think it over. I would tell you everything if I could just be sure of everything, but if I told you, it just wouldn't be a good situation." You got everything out without breaking down so that was good. You'd taken into account what North said and decided to rhythmically tapped you're knee. Connor was thinking over everything before speaking. "Not a good situation? Right now isn't a good-" he stopped "no" he said with a long sigh. "Nows not the time to make things worse." He told himself while pinching the bridge of his nose. "All I ask is that you don't hide things from me, something is obviously very wrong. I don't like feeling like I've been left in the dark." Connor spoke his mind calmly. "In the dark?" You chuckled "I'm right there next to you in the pitch fucking black." You laughed and grabbed his hand. He tried to stop a small smile from showing on his face. "Fine... As long as you tell me everything you've been going through the second you understand it, I'll be patient." He told you his conditions and you laughed with a nod. He hugged you and you hugged right back. "I love you." He said with a kiss to your forehead. "I love you too." You smiled.

Hey! Hope you're all doing great, and I just wanted to thank you guys. We broke the 100 follower mark! That's amazing and I love you all💙💜💙
-This is Logiclogan signing out, Byeeeeeeeeeee💙