Chapter 38

I sat in the cramped cell as I watched all the chaos continue. (Y/n) had escaped a while ago, and Connor was gone too. I laughed to myself thinking about how all these dumbasses were still scrambling around like chickens without their heads.

Apparently the FBI figured out the location of Jericho, don't know how. Captain Fowler walked up to the glass wall that separated me from the rest of the place. "Hank... I never thought you'd betray us." The fuck was he trying to do? Make me feel guilty? "Up yours." I scowled at him. "... Mature." He rolled his eyes and walked away. Sure wanted to talk to me, huh?

After a while, these cells become really boring. Holy crap, it was like cabin fever in here, nothing to do. I looked out to what I could see of the DPD. Nothing really changed from the last time I looked. All they had decided to do for the door was slap some police tape on it and call it a crime scene... The only crime was shooting at an innocent girl.

Gavin was taken out on a stretcher forever ago while still throwing a temper tantrum, if he stayed, that would have been a real head ache. He never shuts up.

"I could really go for a beer right now..." I mumbled to myself. A woman came up to my cell and opened it. She's the one that was always around Gavin, I never bothered to learn her name. "You're coming with me." She said coldly as she slapped some cuffs on my wrists. I wasn't going to fight it, I was getting the chance to get out of here for a little while.

We ended up in an interrogation room and it felt odd sitting on the other side of the table. There was no one on the other side of the glass... Must be busy. She sat down with a quiet sigh "why'd you do it?" She got straight to the point. "You wouldn't get it. You see androids just like everyone else." I rolled my eyes at her.

"My standpoint on androids don't involve my job." She stated. "...you work with androids." A snide tone was in my voice. "Can you just answer the questions, Hank? I don't want to be here anymore than you do." She was impatient. "Speak for yourself, this place is a hell of a lot better than the cell." I shrugged, probably pushing buttons.

The woman let out a long sigh. "Connor and (Y/N), you spent all day, every week day with them. Did you ever have a thought that (Y/N) could have possibly been a deviant?" She threw a hand up in annoyance. "... Not really, there were moments but i always brushed it off." I decided to not rile up the poor girl anymore. "Why would you gloss over such details?" She asked, relieved she was getting actual answers. "She's a tough one to read if she wishes to hide something. If anything, the main reason I never spotted anything was because she always seemed like a deviant." I answered, sort of just saying whatever came to mind. "What do you mean by that?" I seemed to have caught her interest. "(Y/N)'s always been more human than any of you fuckers. I didn't notice because she never had bad intentions. Even when there were dozens of people shooting at her, people she had come to trust. She didn't even think about hurting any of you pathetic pieces of trash until she had to!" I had snapped. She just looked down at the table. "She was always kind to me... Even when Gavin would be sitting right next to me,saying horrible things." Everything about this girl suddenly changed. "She was always putting people in a good mood... Well, not Gavin." It was like her act was crumbling to reveal what was really on her mind.

"She's a good girl, that just wants to live her life that she rightfully deserves." I told her, she silently nodded in agreement. I was hoping I could persuade her to be on my side. "Is Connor also a deviant?" She asked, she was no longer professional about it, it was a genuine concerned question. "...I hope so." I mumbled.

She looked up at the glass before turning back to me. She abruptly got up and jammed a key into the cuffs around my wrist. "Hank, don't make me regret this. Go help them, I can sneak you out but you're on your own after you get outside." She slammed the cuffs on the table before rushing me out of the DPD. Surprisingly, it wasn't that hard, with everyone busy, there was no one to catch my escape. "Thank you." I smiled at her as I stepped out from the back door. She gave me a worried smile "go." I didn't need to hear that twice. I didn't really know where I was supposed to go though. I don't know where Jericho is, I don't know if (Y/N) is even okay, oh god, are they both okay? Where would an oblivious kid in this situation run to... His first priority after (Y/N) would be..... Power, right now he'd be looking for any sort of upper hand. Shit, where the hell would this dumbass go for that?

I thought for a couple more seconds before coming to a horrible realization. "For fucks sake, I hope not." Despite how much I hoped he wasn't at Cyberlife headquarters, it was the most probable.

Your POV

You sat there with your head in your hands as you nervously bounced your leg. Even though you begged Connor not to go, he made the horrible decision to go to no other than Cyberlife headquarters to bring the thousands of androids to the march Markus was planning because there were androids in camps being destroyed. Holy crap, there was just way too much information.

Markus had been checking up on you frequently, he was worried. After what you guess you could've call an episode back in Jericho he didn't really know what to do, he hadn't told anyone what you had done. Would they even care all that much? I mean, they should, right? You didn't know...

"Hey..." Speak of the devil, Markus came by and sat next to you. "I'm fine, Markus." You cut right to the chase. "I don't think you are. (Y/N), you destroyed that guys skull! That doesn't really spell out 'okay' to me." He persisted. "Fine, maybe I'm not, but I'm not the fucking top priority here. I can't be some helpless, worthless girl right now, you need to stop worrying about me, you have people to lead. You're about to make history, you don't have time for my bullcrap." You had grabbed him by the shoulders and was staring into his soul, if he didn't get the message, he never would. He stared right back at you before letting out a deep sigh. "That doesn't make you any less important. But, if that's what you want then fine. As soon as this is over though-" "I get it." You cut him off, not with rude intent, not at all, just to get him to stop talking. He gave you a soft smile that you knew held worry even though you told him not to. He went to take care of other things.

You just wanted people to stop worrying, you didn't want to get in the way of what your friends needed to do. You sat alone in the back of the abandoned church everyone had taken shelter in. The constant ache throughout your body had never left, even after all these hours. You pushed the pain away and tried to take your mind off Connor, but you were scared for him. There was no telling if he was going to come out safe. The more you thought, the more tired you became, your body was slowly going into sleep mode. Silently, you drifted off to much needed rest.

Merry Christmas everyone!