Chapter 52

You walked home uneasy from what just took place. Connor hadn't spoken once since you left. You grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze "you okay?" You asked worried. "Yeah, it just- it just startled me is all." He looked down as he spoke. "Humans have always been the weak ones, so, for androids to be that vulnerable is just a little scary." Connor confessed. "Androids, humans, we're all just one big dumpster fire. Vulnerabilities and all." You thought aloud, Connor chuckled at it.

You walked hand in hand down the sidewalk as people walked past, and car engines hummed. Today really was a beautiful day "Connor?" You asked "Are you okay?" You asked the question once more. "Yes, you've already asked that question." Connor said with a small almost uncomfortable smile. Connor looked at you waiting for a response, but you were silently looking back at him. "What?"

"Your LED is yellow, and your voice is ever so slightly higher...do you think you can get away with lying?" You looked at him unamused but still caring. "No fair, you don't even have your LED anymore..." Connor laughed. "I'm being serious." You tightened your grip on his hand. "I'm just unsettled about the whole U.R. Thing." Connor waved his free hand dismissively. "You've seen plenty of deviants self destruct, and other gruesome things happen to androids, there's something more to it, and I know you're not telling me something important." By your tone, Connor could tell you were getting very agitated, but he knew it was out of concern and love. "You've been acting off for a little while now, I've just usually brushed it off when you said its no big deal, but, if it's scaring you that bad, then it has to be serious." Your eyes scanned his as if you'd find answers that way.

"You have nothing to worry about. I promise that everything is fine." Connor smiled softly at you. The whole time, the two of you had walked as you talked and as your conversation continued you had made it to a part of town that was quiet. It was away from the busy areas and no one would have any reason to come here unless it was to go home. "Connor, I really don't think it is. No matter how many times you say "it's fine" or "everything's okay" I just don't believe it! Every part of me is saying that you're not okay

Stress level: 76%

but I don't want to overreact because then that would just be annoying. But then if I just didn't say anything, then if something were really wrong then it could get worse and-" you rambled on as your stress levels steadily increased. To calm you down Connor grabbed your face gently as you continued to speak and then kissed you to finally silence your anxious thoughts. You stayed like that for a long while, just a soft gentle kiss to remind you that the world wasn't falling apart.

Finally calmed down, you pulled away and Connor hugged you as you rested your head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry... It just seems like, almost every problem we've ever had was because one of us didn't tell the other something, and I'm just scared that it'll keep happening... I don't want any other problems." You spoke softly as Connor swayed side to side. "Well, how about we get to any problems we might have, later. I think it would be best to move into our soon to be new house before anything." Connor laughed trying to lighten the mood. "....I'm pretty sure that's not how life works." You chuckled as you pulled away from the hug. Connor just shrugged.

"I love you." You smiled. "I love you too." Connor ruffled your hair as you walked side by side.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hank had a record playing on his very old record player when you two entered the house "oh! How was your visit to the deviant thing?" Hank asked. "Messed up." Connor answered briskly and plainly. "Well... Fun. Boo-" Hank began to say something else but Connor cut him off. "I swear, if you offer booze to (Y/n) or I." Connor emptily threatened. ".....stop reading my mind." Was all Hank had left to say.

Instead of paying attention to the boys, you sat down and said your hellos to Sumo. "Hi, baby dog~" you cooed, Sumo wagged his tail as he walked around you as you pet him. "Who's a good boy?" You continued. "Damn, you rather talk to the dog over me?" Hank joked. "Possibly." You snickered.

"Was it at least nice to see everyone?" Hank asked more about your trip. "Mmmm, up until we learned what U.R. Was." You answered as you stood up. "I wanna say that it's in my best interest to not know what that is." Hank guessed correct.

"Defiantly. How about we play a game to forget about it?" Connor suggested. "Alright, but if you pick monopoly, someone's going to be dead by the end of the day." Hank stated. "Good to know..." Connor looked off as if he was taking a moment to remember it as if it was very crucial information.

It was decided that uno was the game. You all sat at the kitchen table with cards covering its surface. "So, you excited to see the house tomorrow?" Hank asked as he put a card on top of the deck. "Yes, though there's not really any need to go see it, we've already offered up the money." Connor said before putting one of his cards down. "We'll finally be out of your way." You laughed. "Hate to admit it, but I'll miss ya. Definitely not the worst roommates." Hank admitted. It got a smile from both androids. "That's sweet." Connor mumbled. "On the other hand, your both still fucking annoying." Hank added. "Understandable." You shrugged and placed a draw four card down that earned you a glare.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Connor had gone to bed early so it was just you and Hank sitting on opposite sides of the couch with Sumo sitting in between you. The Tv displayed the news as you watched half focused. "Hank?" You asked. "What is it, kiddo?" Hank looked over to you. "Is... do you think Connor has been acting strangely?" You wanted confirmation that you weren't reading too deep into things. "Isn't it like, his thing to be weird as shit?" Hank laughed. "I'm being serious, I feel like there's something wrong but I don't know." Hank thought hard about it, trying to think of anything out of the usual. "Hmmm, the only thing I can say is he zones out at work, though that's normal, for me, maybe not androids." In other words.... Nothing. "Okay, maybe I am just thinking way to hard about things..." You sighed. "Well, have you tried asking if any things wrong?" Hank questioned. "I've lost track of how many times I've asked "are you okay?"... Every time he says everything's fine." You told him. "Forget it." You said as you yawned. "I'm sure it's just me." You concluded.

Hank looked at you for a little bit before speaking. "Just, keep your eyes on him. He's not one to talk about his personal issues." You nodded your head and he said goodnight before heading off to bed.

You turned off the Tv and laid down unaware of the other android who was very much still awake.