Chapter 56

It was very early in the morning when you had woken up. The sun hadn't even shown his face yet. Connor had his arms around you and he was fast asleep. You smiled at the fact that he was just here.

There was no way you were going back to sleep so you carefully got out of bed and headed down stairs. You noticed you weren't wearing your uniform but instead a t-shirt and some shorts. Connor must have done it.

Your house had some furniture, but not everything. You sat on the couch, but there was no tv so you couldn't watch anything. You pondered on what you should do until the day actually started. Then you remembered there was a pool in the backyard. You flipped on the pool light as you stepped outside and closed the door behind you. You weren't worried about the clothes you were wearing so you didn't bother with taking anything off. The pool was cold but that didn't stop you.

The Stars were still bright overhead as you floated in the body of water. Everything was quiet and peaceful, some quiet was just what you needed. You closed your eyes and found yourself spacing out.

The soft ripple you caused in the water no longer reached your ears, along with any other small noises. As you took long deep breathes reality itself seemed to slip away

"Hey E@$&, how are you doing? How's everyone doing from I.B.M.? I'm sorry I left, I had no choice........I'm sure we'll meet again though." You mumbled, you weren't even aware of what you were saying let alone register any of it. As far as you knew, you'd never spoken a word.

"That night... I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry I couldn't protect anyone. Though I'm glad he did."

"I would've never thought it would happen, I was so stupid..."

"(Y/n)?" Someone called out. "(Y/n)! What are you doing? It's freezing in there." You opened your eyes and stood on your feet, you'd fallen asleep. "Connor?" You asked, a little hazy from waking up. "Who else would it be? Come on out, it's way too early for this. Luckily, works not for another couple hours. You should probably go take a shower to warm up." Connor handed you a towel as you got out of the pool. "What were you doing in there? What were you mumbling about?" He asked as he pushed hair out of your voice.

You looked up and the sun was up... You'd been in there for a long time. "I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep... Was I mumbling?" Connor just looked at you, eyes full of worry, but still a smile. "Come on, you'll freeze if you stay like this."

After a warm shower and dry clothes you sat on the kitchen counter with a cup of warm tea Connor had told you to drink. He stood across from you leaned against the other counter with his own cup. "What was I mumbling?" You asked upbeat. "You kept apologizing to someone, and said something about I.B.M." Connor recalled. "You know... You've said something about I.B.M. Before." Connor pointed out before taking a sip from his mug. "...I mean, I remember you asking me what it meant. But I have no clue." You tried thinking about anything that would make it make sense, but to no avail.

"There's so many things inside my head that I don't understand..." You said as you looked into your cup. "I feel like there's a huge part of me that I can't remember... Though the only proof of it is in my mind. Which is pretty much worthless." You laughed somberly as you swirled your drink in your hands. "Well... How much can you piece together?" Connor asked. "... There was an orphanage for very promising children. The things they were going over in class were more advanced than you could ever imagine from children... There was the head mistress and a handful of androids looking after the children...." You spoke slowly, putting everything you'd seen in your visions and dreams in order. "None of the children were aloud outside the orphanage... And they followed a strict schedule... I don't know how, but something happened that lead to its destruction. Androids and children, all in the field. Slaughtered........." There was a long pause