Chapter 40

"How are you still functioning, AN ten hundred?" He asked, he was cocky... "Because I had people who were there to save me. People who cared about me." I stated loud and clear. I could see the helicopter above us, the androids in the camp who now we're peering over ever since the gun shots. "You mean other stupid androids. They can't feel." He 'corrected' me. "We can, we can feel happiness, sadness, fear, anger... But above that, I've met so many androids that have more humanity than most humans. How much do you want us to throw in your face that we're alive? How narcissistic are you to believe that you are better than androids merely because you are flesh and blood?" You asked, your voice was strong and clear, a complete opposite of what you were feeling, but you just had to be strong for a little while longer. "Feisty are we?" He mocked. "We're your masters, our flesh and blood shows that we are more alive than you can ever feel." His smug smile annoyed you. "Feel... Do you know what it feels like to die?" You asked. "Is that a threat, tin can?" He scowled. "How would you ever feel death if you were never alive. TELL ME THAT!" You lost your composure for a second before recollecting yourself. "We're not asking for horrible things. We're asking for our right to live, our right to live out our lives, and one day, peacefully die... And for your information, your flesh and blood aren't all that impressive, you humans just rot away, so we can quickly forget you ever existed." You shot back a smirk of your own. "... You've been interesting... But I've grown bored." He sighed as he went to motion for his team to continue fire, but something stopped him.

His gaze fell upon something behind you in the distance. He looked horrified. You turned in your own curiosity and your eyes lit up once you saw. Hundreds of thousands of androids straight from Cyberlife marched towards the camp and the one leading them was no other than Connor.

"You should stand down." Markus' voice was confident as he walked up behind you, he was followed by the rest who were in the base, and behind them were the rest of the ocean of androids. The once cocky and confident police force seemed so small and meek. Markus put a hand on your shoulder and you could feel he was shaking.

Never. Ever.
Do that shit again.

He was pissed. Guess you really had him worried.

Got it

You were too tired and scared of dealing with a angry Markus to say anything else.

"Stand down men..." The man cowardly ordered his men. Was this it? Did you succeed? Wait, did you actually do it? The androids from the camps were released... It felt so surreal, the androids were rejoicing, the roaring cheers of victory flooded the night. The snow fell heavily like a deep sigh of relief.

You quickly scanned over the crowd searching for Connor who you had seen just briefly before. As you searched, a familiar chunky pigeon had landed on your shoulder. "Blue!" You exclaimed "where have you been!?" You asked him.

Around...

"You cheeky little-"

I came with Connor to Jericho

You smiled at the bird who apparently had been watching over you like a weird guardian... Pigeon. "(Y/N)!" Connors voice called out. He had found you before you could find him. "Connor!" You exclaimed happily, seeing him was like a weight lifted off your shoulders. He embraced you with a tight hug and you happily returned it. "I'm so happy you're okay." You laughed with relief. "You're shaking." Connor pointed out a little worried. "Yup." You just said as you continued to just cling onto him. With Connor, you felt like you could throw away the brave face you had put on. "Kiddo?" A familiar gruff voice called out to you and you gasped as you spun around "Hank! You're okay!" You cried, you didn't know when the tears started. You tackled him in a bear hug. "Jeez kid, you look fucking horrible." He laughed as he welcomed your affection. "Shut up." You laughed and sniffled. "No, seriously. There was a reason Connor grabbed these." Hank said as he pried you off him before he handed you a brief case. "What?" You were confused. You opened it and it had bio components, the ones you needed. "Thank you." You smiled. "Yeah, yeah, you're not dying on us." Hank said.

*********************************

Markus gave a speech to all the androids. With a tired smile, you stood next to Connor. Markus' voice was powerful, he knew how to speak to the people. He truly was a great leader. You listened intently as you soaked in the fact that it was all over. You looked at Connor to see his eyes were closed, and he was reaching for something in his jacket. "Connor?" You whispered. No response. You heard the painfully familiar sound of the cocking of a gun and you grabbed his hand forcing the gun towards the ground. You didn't know what was happening. "Connor, snap out of it." You pleaded with him quietly, not wanting to grab the attention of anyone else. You managed to get the gun on safety but still fought with the android to keep his hand down in order not to cause a scene. The maybe minute at most felt like an eternity fighting silently with the male.

RA9, please, please, please give us a break from all this, please, no more problems.

His eyes slowly opened and widened when he saw what he was doing. He looked up at you, you still had your hand gripped tightly to his. Connor could see the worry that was clear as day on your face. He just put the gun back and took a deep breath. You kept an eye on him for the rest of the speech.

*******************************

afterwards Connor had explained the fiasco that happened to you and  you were just happy it was over. All that was left on the whole deviant list was to establish the laws and making things final, Markus was taking care of that. You, Connor, and Hank were taking care of your own legal bull crap. You were basically trying to get Hank out of any trouble for aiming a gun at other officers, and trying to keep you from any legal problems with the damage you had done to the DPD.... And people... One person. It took a while with lawyers trying to figure out new android laws and speaking one on one with Hank since people were no where near close to comfortable with androids as their equals. But miraculously, he managed to get off with a strict warning and house arrest for a weak. For you, under the new laws, you were Scott free, your actions were seen as an act of self defense, there were sum that wanted you to be punished simply because you were an android, but luckily they hadn't gotten their way.

"You guys are coming home with me." Hank spoke. "Huh?" You were confused. "You need a place to stay, don't you? You can't stay at the DPD anymore." Hank rolled his eyes with a soft smile. "... It'll just be until you two are able to get a place of your own of course." Hank made it very clear it wasn't going to be permanent. "Thank you so much lieutenant." Connor gave Hank a smile. "Thank you, really." You also gave your thanks. "Oh, shut up already. It's no big deal." Hank sighed.

The future was starting to look much brighter, and you couldn't wait to see the next page in your life. You had a stupid big grin as you got into hanks car. Life was going to be better.

1318 words

Yaaaay! We made it to forty! I'm so exited to get to certain things I've had planned for a painfully long time. Also, I'd just like to thank all of you for dealing with my sporadic updating schedule, it means a lot.
This is Logiclogan signing out
Byeeeeeeeeeeee💙