Chapter 45

You arrived at the scene, as usual, there was a little crowd of curious people that lingered around the yellow tape. You made your way passed them as politely as possible. A man stopped you before you entered "I'm gonna need to see a badge before you can enter." He huffed. "I'm sorry sir, I have not been given one yet. I work for the DPD, so does he." You said pointing to Connor. The man looked you up and down as if he was thinking hard. "... Are you the android that caused a scene there?" He asked bluntly. "...yes sir." You answered. "And you're now working there?" He asked. "Yes." You answered a little snippy, you just wanted to work on the case. "Can't believe they put fucking androids on this case." He mumble as he raised the yellow tape for you and Connor to pass through. "I can assure you, we can do our job." Connor spoke up to him. The man just huffed in response, just because androids weren't obedient things anymore, didn't mean everyone was gonna treat you with respect, there's already been several killings of androids already...

You had to walk up many flights of stairs, the apartment you needed to go to was all the way on the sixth floor. Once you got there you checked the time. It was already 1:58pm you let out a sigh of annoyance. It had taken way too long to finally get here. "What do you have so far?" You asked one of the cops there. "A husband and wife shot themselves in their apartment. The door was locked from the inside. Neighbors are being questioned about the two." He explained, you nodded a thank you before entering the room.

The lock on the door that was cut off to get in was a latch lock, not something you can lock from the outside. The bodies were laying in the living room area, the husband had a gun in his right hand, a small pistol.

"What's going on?" A girls voice sounded worried from outside. You turned around to see a girl maybe 15, 16 years old with big glasses and a book bag. "where's my parents?" She asked. "Hey, sweet heart. You shouldn't be here." You spoke softly to her. "I live here! Where are my parents?" She was getting worked up. "Okay, what's your name?" You spoke as calming as possible. "Chloe Finch." She answered. You ran the name through the data base and your heart dropped, she was the daughter of the victims. "Okay, Chloe can you please come with me to the first floor where others in the building are?" You wanted to get her out of here, she didn't have to see them like this. You held out your hand for her to take.

"Where's my mother?" She asked and refused to take your hand. "I'm sorry, there's no good way to explain it..." You sighed. "Your parents are dead, kid." Another officer huffed annoyed. You whipped around to glare at the man "seriously???" You glared at him as tears welled up in the girls eyes. "We don't have time to protect someone's emotions." He rolled his eyes. "If you forgot, people trust you to protect them, that's your job." You spat before turning back around to the teen "I'm really sorry, but can you please follow me downstairs." You asked once more, she silently nodded, looking at the ground.

The first floor had a small little group of people who were being questioned, Chloe sat down against a wall and placed her book bag next to her. With that you went back up to continue investigating. Connor was already by the bodies looking over them. "What's up?" You asked as you squatted down across from him as you started checking for rigor mortis. "At first glance it looks like double suicide, but there's no note..." He said as he sat there thinking. "No note? Sometimes people don't leave notes... But rarely. You'd think they'd leave something, I mean, they left there daughter alone." You said with a heavy heart. "They had a daughter?" Connor was surprised. "Yeah, the girls not biologically the guys, but the woman is her biological mother." You sighed. "...shit..." Connor cursed at the information.

"What the...?" You looked at the bodies confused. "What is it?" Connor asked "since the guys the one holding the gun, he would've died last right?" You asked the other android. He nodded waiting for whatever you had to say. "He died five minutes before the woman did..." You said baffled. Connor took a second to think it over before quickly grabbing the male victims free left hand and looking it over, he ran his thumb over the side of the middle finger. "There's a callus..." He mumbled before getting up to look at pictures in the apartment. "Here! He's not right handed." Connor stated as he pointed at a picture on the wall across the room. It was a picture of the family of three at a dinner, the man was holding his fork with his left hand.

"So the gun was placed?" You asked before walking back to the bodies and looking at their bloody temples, in a suicide by gun like this, a person holds the gun against the temple, and the way a gun is built, the firing mechanism creates hot air as the bullet shoots out. That means there would be burn marks around the entrance hole, but there was none to be found. "They didn't kill themselves..." You mumbled. "Someone set this up." Connor said. "The door was locked from the inside dumbasses." A cop laughed as he walked by. "There's no note, the guys left handed, he died before her, and there's no burn marks. That's not normal." You said. The guy took a second to think about it. "Strange." Was all he said.

"Who would have the motive?" Connor asked. "I dunno..." You mumbled. You made your way to the first floor and looked around, there was a camera, bingo. Soon enough you were looking through the video and skipped to the estimated time of death, you heard the spaced out gunshots on the video, but no one ever left the building.

You looked over the group on the first floor, the daughter, two neighbors, and a man. One of them could be the murderer. "Listen up people, theses deaths were no suicide." You spoke up to the now suspects, it defiantly grabbed their attention. "They were murdered, and there's a 83% chance of the murderer being one of you." The room fell silent as people's eyes shifted to others questioningly and untrustingly.

YaY! I love murder mysteries so much, so I decided to make my own, I hope you'll like it!