Chapter 32

"I'm not going to destroy a perfectly good android." You said to Kamski. You were angry beyond words but you couldn't let that show. The couch behind Chloe is what you shot at, the bullet had gone right next to her head and now resided inside one of the couch cushions newly found hole.

"Oh.... Fucking hell, you scared the shit out of me." Hank sighed. He'd finally turned around to see that you in fact, did not shoot the android. "Fascinating... The two androids in charge of stopping deviants, are in fact, deviants themselves." Kamski spoke, at this point, you were tired of hearing his voice.

"I'm not a deviant. There's no need to destroy a working android." You restated with the mantra of 'keep it together' ever looping in your mind. A cocky smile spread across Kamski's face that made your blood boil. "Sure." Was all he said.

You turned around and walked out with your partners, not saying a word, you just needed to get out. "How come you two didn't shoot her?" Hank asked. "What kind of fucking question is that?" You shot back, still heated from the dilemma. " I Asked a question, not for sass." Hank said. "Why does it matter?" Connor said with a bit of irritation in his voice, that definitely caught Hank and your attention. "Why didn't you shoot, Connor?" Hank asked again, just poking at a wound...

"I looked at her eyes, and I couldn't! I just couldn't! Okay?!" Connor snapped. "... Maybe it was for the better." Hank shrugged his shoulders and turned towards the car. "Hey, what's up?" You asked Connor softly. "I'm sorry, I just, I couldn't do it. Her eyes, they looked alive, like she was scared." He confessed. "It's okay, don't feel sorry. He wouldn't have given us any good information anyways." You patted his shoulder as you started walking to the car. "You really think so?" Connor asked. "If he wants to play games, he has nothing to give." You reassured him as you stepped into the car. Hank started driving. You were leaving just as clueless as before... At least those two were. You knew, and that's what you feared.

*Time Skip*

You sat down at your desk and logged on to your computer. During working hours Blue occupied your desk drawer, since no animals were aloud inside the DPD... Captain made that very clear, even though he was an android. You'd set up almost like a little room in one of your deeper drawers. With a little flash light that was pretty crappy but was perfect for just illuminating the drawer enough for the little bird. Along with some quiet things to keep him entertained and happy.

"Hank, in my office please." Captain Fowler called. You and Connor followed him. "I'm sorry, but you're off the case." He gave you the news. Hank and Connor weren't happy with it... But it was probably better off this way. "Are you kidding me? We're this close to cracking the case!" Hank exclaimed. "Listen Hank, I'm sorry but it's up to the FBI now." Captain wasn't interested in what Hank had to say.

The FBI?! Oh man, Markus needs to know right away

"Please just give us a little more time." Hank pleaded. "No. You're back on homicide cases." Fowler sternly persisted. "Come on! Can't you just give this one to me?" Hank tried negotiating. You wanted him to give up. "You didn't even want this case in the first place! I don't have a say in this anyways. It's the FBI's case now." That was Fowlers final statement.

Hank sat at his desk with his head in his hands and Connor stood next to him just as irritated, He was acting odd lately. "We can close this case! If only we had a little more time." Connor said exasperatedly. "Let it go." Hank told him. "Come on lieutenant, you see how unfair this is." Connor tried to convince him. "You know, maybe we're fighting on the wrong side. Maybe deviants aren't that bad." Hank suggested. "Maybe..." You mumbled, contemplating the worst. Connor kept going back and forth with Hank. You'd stopped paying attention, with this news... This was trouble. How would you get to Markus? The FBI of all corporations had taken the case. He wouldn't respond to any signals you were trying to send him. You couldn't just up and leave, that would blow your cover. You were off the case, so it wouldn't really matter. If there was no more case there was no purpose for Connor or you which would mean Cyberlife would destroy you two. You'd never really thought that far ahead. Would Connor just accept his death? Would he even consider it as death? Death, that's it. You needed to find Death, if Markus wasn't around, maybe she was.