Chapter 64

You had to be at the DPD at seven tomorrow so you were already getting ready for bed. "Hey Con, has the U.R. been okay? No changes?" You asked as you dried yourself off, coming out from the shower. "Well, I mean, it's slowly getting more frequent but it would be a lot worse if it wasn't being treated. So everything's okay." He smiled as he gave you his update. "Okay good. I should probably go get more therium tomorrow just in case." You thought aloud as you put on a large shirt. The both of you had made a point to always have bottles of blue blood so Connor would never be low on it after an episode.

You got into bed and cuddled up next to the male as he put on some tv show or movie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you know about Michael knowing anything?" Connor asked as you got ready in the morning. "Ah, I don't have any clear memories of him, but he let enough things slip for me to become suspicious. That's how I found out yesterday." You explained as you tied your shoes.

Connor hummed in understanding. "He's odd..." You said, starting to lose yourself deep in thought, something you had been doing often. Connor would let you just ramble, he learned he'd get more out of you that way. "He wanted me to hate him... I wonder why he cares so much about me not remembering... Did he do something I would hate him for? I don't know..." Connor wrapped his arms around you and held your body close to his. "What's this for?" You asked as you peered up at him. "Mm... Just wanted to give you a hug." He said before squeezing you a little tighter. "Hugs are nice." You smiled softly and returned the hug.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Work was busy today, lots of paperwork, you even got the oh so fun job of dealing with multiple crime scenes. Luckily one was quick, the scene you found yourself at now was one you'd been to way too many times. The usual flashy fluorescent lights no longer caught your attention as you walked to a room in the strip club.

"What do we have this time?" You asked, disinterest clear in your voice. "Another Eden Club Slaughter... This place should really just shut down." An officer told you, you couldn't agree more.

You sighed as you followed Hank and Connor into the room as photographers and others filed out. It was just as gruesome as the rest of them, and you never got new information that would help the case. "Woooow... A note, how unexpected..." You sarcastically groaned as you crouched down to see whatever the new old memory had to say. "'End it all.'... Truly, pure poetry." You grumbled as you read the short note aloud. You had become desensitized to these. You always got a small flashback of the victim and a note if you were lucky. Though never any valuable information. The only connection you could make between the seven victims now was that they all were at a lab where your memory was erased. Why they all fled to Eden Club was beyond you, it obviously wasn't a safe choice. Then again, these could just be the murders that caught the police's eye.

Soon you were out of there with yet another unsolved case. They no longer unsettled you, it just felt like a crappy horror movie with a lot of tension and no actual shock. If it was oh so much danger then why hasn't "your past" just come and kill you yet? You were just annoyed with it.

"Hank, could you possibly drop me off at the church? Or even just let me out here? It's close by, and I was heading there anyways." You asked the driver. He agreed to drive you all the way since it would take up barely any time for him. Connor had decided to go with you, and stepped out onto the sidewalk that was illuminated by street lights.

"Thank you, lieutenant." Connor thanked Hank and you did the same before he drove off. When you opened the door you were greeted with the same old scenery: androids of all kinds stood around, talking to one another, or headed to a back room. "Hey guys!" Death chirped from the other side of the room, she was working at the moment so you were saved by her usual dive-tackle hug. While you headed to your usual spot where you would work away for hours on end, Connor didn't know what to do, he just wanted to come with you.