Chapter 19

Wednesday, December 2038

A few hours had passed but everything felt really weird in a bad nor good way. You had no idea what to do, it's not like you could just get up and leave, that would be suspicious. There was no way in hell you were telling Connor, no way, come on, this was Connor there's no telling how he would react...well, no telling if there was a good outcome of telling him.

You couldn't tell Hank, no one. Except Markus, but he already knew...obviously, he did say he would call you, he seemed nice. You figured it was in your best interest to keep quiet about this whole thing and just play it cool.

"(y/n)? Hello...earth to (y/n)!" Connor waved his hand in front of your face. "Oh, yay sorry. Spaced out." You looked over at him and he seemed worried and curious. "Are all your biocomponents working properly? You 'spaced out' for five minutes, and thirty seven seconds." You let out an amused huff. "Yes they are working perfectly." You said leaning back in the couch. "You have been acting odd since you came back from your walk." Connor stated. You felt dread set in "you're one to talk, you've been acting strange since we got here." You countered. Connor didn't respond, his LED flashed yellow. "It's cute when you don't know what to say." You teased and ruffled his hair. With a quick movement he grabbed your hand you were ruffling through his hair with and pinned you to the couch. "You seem to do this a lot." You told him with a smirk. "You enjoy it." His face was inches from yours but you pretended like you didn't notice. "So, are you going to let me go any time soon?" Connor chuckled at your question and slowly let you go. "You're such a fucking tease." You pouted at him. "Oh really?" He smirked at you.

You rolled your eyes and got up "what do you want to do?" You asked, looking over your shoulder. "I don't want to do anything...there's nothing to do." Connor said. "I think it's in our best interest to go into sleep mode until it's time for our shift." Connor stated, his LED flashing a pale yellow. "Sounds like a good plan." You started walking up to the bedroom upstairs, when you stepped into the room you both saw there was only one bed. Connor stood behind you in the door way "screw it!" You grabbed him by the collar and flung the both of you on the bed. Connors LED flashed red as he let out a surprised yelp. He landed on top of you as you laughed at how startled he was. "Oh my god! You should see your face!" You laughed. Connors cheeks flushed blue in embarrassment but he didn't say anything. "What? Nothing, not even a 'don't do that'?" You continued to laugh. Connor kissed you, successfully shutting you up. You smiled against his soft lips and wrapped your arms around his neck. He broke the kiss but still stayed in place with a big smile "fine, point taken." You chuckled. "If I told you not to do that you would still do it." Connor said as he rolled to your side. "True." You agreed "well, see you later." You smiled at Connor and he let out a soft laugh. Silence and calming darkness surrounded the room and you slowly fell into sleep.

You opened your eyes and you were in a grass field. Storm clouds blocked the sun as they let water fall lightly upon the earth. You took a closer look at your surroundings, off in the distance there was a building. As you started moving towards the building you noticed something on the ground. You couldn't see what it was so you focused your attention to it. You came close enough to to it...or you should say them. It was a young boy, lying motionless on the ground, covered in scarlet red blood...his blood. You didn't know how but you felt a connection to the boy.

Tears fell from your eyes, accompanied by the rain that fell heavier than before. Around you lay more children and even a couple androids. You started crying harder, unable to breath, in between sobs you tried to gasp for air but your tears wouldn't let you. You found yourself unable to stand so you collapsed to your knees. Sobs wrecked your body, still struggling for air. The rain now fell so hard it roared over any other sound. Everything hurt, your arms and hands hurt from digging into the ground, your lungs hurt from crying so violently, your head hurt from the rapid blood flow, and your heart ached for the fallen children and androids. You wished it would all stop, it hurt so much. You let out a scream so loud it blocked out the sound of crashing water.