Chapter 8

Connors POV
She went in to sleep mode as the car drove by the city. I found my self smiling at her peaceful state as she rested her head on my shoulder"

What am I doing?

I shook my head to snap me out of it. "I didn't think androids slept." Hank didn't understand the concept of sleep mode. "When androids systems go in to over drive, their body goes into sleep mode while their system sorts everything out." I explained to Hank as he looked at me through the mirror. Everything fell silent once more, and it stayed that way until we reached our destination, a park. Hank got out and sat on a back rest of a bench, looking out over the city. I decided to follow him, so I carefully removed (y/n) from my shoulder and laid her down on the seats. Her eyes fluttered open.

Whoops

"Are we back at the DPD?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes sleepily. "No, go back to sleep you need to let your systems rest. I'll be right back." I tried to sound soothing but being an android didn't help. "I'm going with you." She said as she started scooting towards the open door where i stood. "No. Your staying in here, you're injured." I didn't want her going out in the cold when she was so out of it. With her being so tired and weak it would be easier for her biocomponents to freeze. She let out a whine of protest but stayed in the car. I carefully closed the door and walked over to Hank the thin layer of snow crunching under my feet. I noticed he had some sort of alcohol.

Your POV

Connor closed the door and left you in silence as you sat alone in the car. You looked at the park around you and it triggered a memory of a different park that was in better shape than this one. Kids ran around and played yet you couldn't really make out any details of the kids. When everything went back to normal you blinked a couple of times.

What was that place? Why do I have a memory of it?

So many questions fell upon your thought, yet you were unable to answer just one. You let out a heavy sigh and slumped down in your seat, only to feel pain in your shoulder once more. "Ow! Why does this stupid thing hurt?" You asked your self as the pain slowly faded away. You started staring at Connor and Hank as they spoke. You wanted to know what they were saying so you cracked the window and eves dropped.

Connors POV

"Nice view huh, I used to come here a lot before." Hank said before taking a swig of some sort of alcohol. "Could I ask you a personal question, lieutenant?" I asked as I brought my arms into a folded position. "I saw a picture of a child on your dresser."

Hank \/

Hank sighed and said nothing "it was your son right?" There was a long silence before Hank answered the question "yeah...his name was Cole..." He obviously didn't want to talk about it so I asked a different question. "Before what?" Hank looked at me and hummed a questioning sound. "You said 'I used to come here a lot before'...before what?" Hank seemed hesitation to answer my questions.

"Before...before nothin'." Hank took another swig of his drink. I walked out in front of Hank and looked out over the water.

Your POV

"we're not making any progress in this investigation. The deviants have nothing in common, they're all different models, produced at different times, In different places." Connor said as he looked over the icy cold water. "Is the investigation all you care about, Connor?" Hank asked while putting down his bottle. "What do you mean, lieutenant?" Connor turned to Hank with a confused look on his face. "Is the investigation all you care about? Not anything else? Or someone?" Hank stood up with both of his hands in his pockets. "Lieutenant, I'm a machine designed to solve the deviant case. I'm unable to care about other things or people." Connor responded with an emotionless expression. "Bullshit..." Hank spoke one word before walking closer to Connor. You had no idea what was going on, but you watched with full attention.