Chapter 24

You were all in the car driving to the scene. The case made you uneasy, it seemed like a huge deal. Deviant's had broadcasted a message to the world making their voices heard. Would it make everyone hate them more? What did they say?

Questions swam through your head the whole time you where in the car. You were brought out of your thoughts when you felt Connor grab your hand. "Are you okay?" He asked, worry tinted his voice. "Yeah, yeah. Just thinking." You smiled at him. The car came to a stop and you all got out, looking up to see a tall building.

Does Markus have anything to do with this?

The three of you got in an elevator, and Connor brought out his coin. The elevator had to go up quite a few stories so it would take a little while before you reached the right floor. You watched as the coin flawlessly rolled across his fingers while you thought hard. Hank groaned in annoyance and snatched Connors coin from his hands "you're starting to piss me off with that coin!" Hank scolded the android standing next to you.

The elevator doors opened and you all stepped out into a room full of people. Hank and Connor started to talk to some of the people but you stayed silent.

What did he do?

You followed the two into another room and some other guy talked to them. But you weren't listening, thoughts blocked out all the noise. Connor nudged you and brought you out of it "wa?" You managed to say. "You're, distracted. Stay focused." Connor warned before going off to check evidence. You found your way to the video and when you hit play the screen showed a skinless android "Markus?!" You accidentally said out loud. "Markus, how do you know his name?" Connor had heard you and was perplexed to how you knew this information. "Oh, uh I scanned the code on him. "Oh, that helps." He said before returning to examining things.

Shit.

After looking around a little more everyone in your little group headed up to the roof.

So Markus thought it was a good idea to broadcast a message that wo- "hey, (y/n)! It's an emergency. Our friend, his name is Simon, he had gotten shot. We had no choice but to leave him on the roof. Please, don't let anyone find him."

It was Marcus's voice that rung through your head. He sounded panicked and worried.

Okay, okay. Calm your tits, you
could've exposed me,
I'm on sight right now, he'll be safe.

Thank you, your help is
much appreciated.

How do you go from panic attack to
calm as weed in one sentence?

Not the time

Yeah, you're right

With that Markus didn't contact you any further and Hank opened the door to the roof. Cops, cops everywhere, so many. "So, others wanted in on the tea?" You joked. Hank snickered but Connor was in detective mode. You took a scan of the roof looking for a 'Simon' model and found that he was hiding in......a porta-potty????? Sorry, the authors to lazy to double check what it is.

Alrighty then, imma save myself an android boi

Hey, don't move Markus sent me.

W-who are you? I'll shoot!

Like I said, Markus sent me. But as
you can hear, they're also many cops around.
So I advise not to make any commotion.

My leg is shot, I can't walk or run.

I know, Markus told me. I'm going to open
the door to check inside and then
close the door as if no ones in there.
That will give no one else the reason to
check. After that, just wait it out

You walked around and checked evidence so it didn't seem sketchy when You would check. After looking around enough You walked over to the door of his hiding spot. You slowly opened it to see the android with a pistol up against his chest. His LED was a bright red, he saw that you were no other than the newest deviant hunter and from his expression you could tell he was confused out of his robotic mind. You gave him a small smile before closing the door. "You didn't find anything?" A voice from behind asked. You spun around to see Connor

Oh great. panic now or later?

"No, I must have missed something, the evidence doesn't line up." You lied right through your perfect artificial teeth. As you said it, you took a second to applaud yourself for sounding so natural. "The deviant must've escaped." Connor concluded.

He will shortly. You thought to yourself.

*time skip*

The end of the day had come and everyone was leaving the office, leaving you and Connor, and Blue. "I missed you, what have you been up to?" You asked the bird while scratching his head.

Waiting for you, Hank took
care of me like you asked!
He pet me!

"Aww, I'll have to thank Hank." You realized. The bird put himself in the cup again and looked like he was ready for bed. Since he's an animal android, they work on a clock. At a certain time he goes into sleep mode. Now that he was asleep you got out of your chair and walked over to Connor who was stills looking through files. You wrapped your arms around his neck from behind and rested your head on his shoulder "Are you going to work all night or are we gonna have some fun?" You chuckled. Connor smiled and logged of the computer "park?" He asked standing up. "Yup!" You yelled before dragging him out of the boring building.

Wow, when was the last time we did this?

Man, this was not worth the wait, I'm sorry. But next chapter will be more eventful, I'm hoping that it will be out a lot quicker than this one. But! On the plus side of this long...long wait I'm currently working on a knew book! It's a Todoroki X OC I haven't published anything yet, but keep your eyes open for it if you're interested.
Byeeeeee💙