Chapter 47

Through the crack in the door, you Connor's surprised expression. "Oh." He mumbled. "Haha! It worked." You smiled, feeling proud of yourself. You closed the door and Connor unlocked it "how will that help us find the murderer?" Connor asked. "Well... For proof." You shrugged. You'd think Connor would get that.

"I'm going to go check back with the suspects." Connor told you, you nodded and followed him. He went to go talk to people, and you looked around the place. The security camera in the place was by the door front and center. There's no way that one camera covered the whole room, but you decided to check it one more time, what's the harm in being thorough?

The tape whirred as everything went in reverse.  you watched the black and white video intently as the time I the upper right hand corner slowly went backwards. Every once and a while you'd look up to see Connor talking to the suspects. You smiled to yourself, he wasn't really a social guy, and when he spoke to strangers it showed.

You stopped the video when you found something. "Hey, Connor. Could you come here for a second?" You asked of him. The suspects looked to you as well, wonder what you found. "What is it?" He asked looking over your shoulder at the screen, you had it paused, thirty minutes before the crime.

You played the video for him and he watched intently. It showed Scarlet, and David walking into the building with each other. They looked like they were talking about something serious. And then disappeared out of sight of the cameras. Connor replayed it a couple times to make sure he saw everything before calling the two over, they seemed nervous.

"Can you please repeat your alibis for me one more time?" Connor asked. The woman known as scarlet was the first to speak "I just came back from grocery shopping when I heard the shots and called." She restated. "Like I said, I came here to see someone." David also restated his claim.

"Can anyone back you up on these statements?" Connor asked. "Well... No." Scarlet mumbled. "Why are we being questioned? Didn't we already do this?" David asked defensively. Connor looked at him, he seemed annoyed...

"Because of this video, it shows the two of you walking into the building together." You said. "Aaand?" The man scoffed at you. "It contradicts her statement. And if we can just get the truth out of you, this either makes you look really bad, or you both have an actual alibi, with proof." You explained to him.

The woman sat quietly thinking about something. David stuck his hands in his jacket pocket as if to protect something. "I don't need an alibi, I didn't kill anybody." David was defiantly a very defensive person. "You don't need an alibi, huh? That is by far the most idiotic statement I have heard. You are aware that this is a homicide case, correct?" Connor snapped. You and the man were taken aback. Before David could say anything you quickly tried to defuse the tent ion that had been created. "Uh, Connor, I can take it from here." You said as you patted him comfortingly on the shoulder. Connor nodded, understanding that he should go and calm down.

"Okay, s-sorry about that. Anyways, Connor has a point, this is a very serious matter. We're not talking about petty theft or something like that. Two lives have been taken, and you among others are still plausible suspects. If you know your innocent, you need to show it. Guilty until proven innocent." You explained. Your choice of words finally seemed to reach this guy. "Now.. This video, as I said, shows you two entering the building together. You two seem to be talking about something serious, and I know it's not groceries." You said as you shift your gaze to the woman. "Care to explain what this whole conversation here was about?" You asked as you tapped the screen monitor of the video. They stayed silent...

You sighed "listen, if it was something illegal, I highly doubt it's as bad as murder." You laughed half heartedly. David put his hands in his pocket once more.

"You seem very worried about something in your pocket." You made direct eye contact with him as you spoke, he was scared that you had noticed. "May I please see what your oh so worried about?" You pushed. You could see the inner conflict going on in his head, but he was cornered. With a sense of defeat he pulled a wad of cash out of his pocket, more money than any person would Cary in cash. Easily a thousand bucks. Your eyes widened at this, you were not expecting that.

You sat there in silence for a good while thinking as he set the money on a table next to you. You just stared at it in thought.

A thousand dollars in cash... Yeah, that doesn't look good on them. Normal transactions would be over bank accounts with that type of cash. If David was
here to see someone, was he here to collect money? Give it? Does he owe someone? If we're talking about the murder, was he paying someone to off the two? No... He never knew the couple. If it could be assassination, would that be enough money? Statistically for one person... No, it would be off, people more important are the majority and are killed more often via assassination, making the job more expensive...

The two sat there just watching you absolutely lost in thought, the two other suspects also watched you as you softly mumbled to yourself going through scenarios, statistics, and theories. You couldn't figure out if you were getting closer to the truth or farther from it.

I found the fricken drawing!

This is what I just imagine (y/n) looking like

This is what I just imagine (y/n) looking like. Top right is the nEw UnIfOrM oooooh. And I'm not sure if you can read the unfinished bottom right one but its (y/n): bro... Hank knows that's apple juice, right? Connor: shhh... It's better this way.
My arts defiantly improved since last time, but her two sized hands are messing with me lol.
Anyways, I've rambled for long enough. Next chapter should be out next week
This is logiclogan signing out
Byeeeeeeeee💙