Chapter 61

The morning sun rose as you quietly got ready for work downstairs so you didn't wake Connor. You tied the shoe laces and stood up to see Connor also in his uniform. "Ready to go?" Connor asked. "Connor, you know it's not a good idea for you to be working." You told him as you fetched your hair brush. "I shouldn't be affected as long as I don't experience any negative emotions." Connor smiled as if that would be easy. "You hear yourself, right? That means happy go lucky all the time at work, we both know that's not going to happen." You tried reasoning with him. "Keeping routine would be better than being stuck in the house for who knows how long." Connor gestured to the room around him. "Connor, I really can't be late. Just... I don't want there to be even a chance of anything to get worse." You pinched the bridge of your nose as you sighed. "Besides, you being the only one working won't be enough to pay the bills." Connor pointed out. "I've worked out with Captain Fowler to work two shifts. So yes, I will be making enough money." You assured him. "That's asking far too much from you, and you know it." Connor said as he hugged you. "If it's for you, I can do it." You mumbled into his chest as you hugged him back. He smiled and let out a small laugh "thank you, but you'd be miserable. And we can't have that." You could feel his voice vibrate as he rested his chin on your head. You just softly shook your head, still refusing to let him go. "Please?" He begged with a smile. You hugged him tighter "please... Just be safe." Your voice was very hard to hear since you still had your face buried in his chest. He kissed the top of your head before saying "I will."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Connor? Are you okay to be at work?" Hank asked as he looked up from his desk. "Yes, we've gotten information on what makes U.R. worsen. As long as I stay away from those things, I'll be fine." Connor gave Hank a reassuring smile. You looked at Connor confused "Hank knows already, I've informed him of everything." Connor answered the question you didn't even need to ask. You nodded before turning back to Hank "It would be safer if he stayed home, but he refuses." You sighed. "Stubborn as always." Hank chuckled. "That means you won't be working sixteen hours, right? I don't think you'd be able to pull that off, kid." Hank presented the same argument that Connor had. "My point exactly." Connor said with a smug smile knowing Hank agreed with him. "Well... I'm done with this conversation." You said as you turned around and headed to grab something to eat.

You picked up a bagel and headed to your desk to start your work (A/n- here's your bagel). Connor laughed as he went to his as well. You logged onto your computer as you took a bite of your breakfast. Everything was about the scene you had last been to. The media had labeled it "the Eden Club Slaughter" ...nice. Though it seemed to have gained some popularity across the Internet, nothing spoke of the message left by the victim. Seems that information wasn't disclosed. Now that you had already had your freak out over it, you could asses it calmly. You looked through the pictures of the crime scene and just stared at her face, trying to remember who she was. If she knew you, you had to have known her, right?

You looked up Lisa Hardner's name and found a video of her. "Hey, can you hand me that? Would you please turn off the camera? Hey! I said stop! Don't video me!" It was a small video of the woman at Eden club that was assumed to be videoed by one of her colleagues. It would've been useless to you, but right now it proved to jog your memory.

"Please! Stop! Why are you doing this?! Why? Let me go!" You shrieked and cried as you were held down by machines. "Mrs. Hardner please!" You sobbed as she stood in front of you, getting ready to wipe your memory. "Lisa, stop!!! Please don't do this!" You continued to scream and plead desperately as you tried to break free with such force it tore your skin and you began to bleed. "I'm sorry...I have no choice. It's better for you to just forget and move on anyways." She whispered to you as to not be heard by anyone else. Her voice and eyes held so much regret, guilt, and sadness. "Please don't do this..." You sobbed before she pressed the final button for all of your memories to be wiped and be forgotten. Your mind went hazy, you couldn't remember why you were screaming. Why were you crying? Who were you fighting for?

Your eyes shot open and you put a hand over your mouth and closed your eyes again as you took deep breaths. You absolutely couldn't freak out on the job again. You collected yourself silently in your chair when someone threw a pile of paper work on your desk. You looked up to see who it was, it was the guy from your first day back... Oh boy.

He smirked down at you "Hello, escapee." He greeted you with something he'd hoped to get a response with. "Hello... I'll get to these right away." You completely brushed off his nickname. "I'm curious, what was that melt down a couple days ago? Your old friend Reed come to say hi?" He had a shit eating grin on his face. "I'm sorry about the scene I made. It won't happen again." You smiled passed the anger he was causing you. "Really? That was entertaining." He chuckled at your expense. You just smiled "You sure are keen on becoming Gavin Reed's replacement," you began to speak, you received an alert of a new case but spoke through it "I broke his leg in five places, I can do the same to you if you wish." Your expression never faltered from a polite smile. He was caught off guard but his pride seemed to force him to respond. "Like you could get away with that." He scoffed. You stood up, your smile falling to a completely blank emotionless expression. "I was the last prototype to ever be made by Cyberlife, meaning I am by far, the most advanced compared to other androids, and I'm sure I can out-smart the likes of you. I could get away with much worse if I so wished." You threatened, your voice low so no one else could hear. "Now," you perked up back to the smile you had before "I have a scene I need to be at. So excuse me, I'll fill out the papers as soon as I return." You walked away to join Hank and Connor leaving him in silence.

"What's up with that guy?" Hank asked pointing to the now creeped out guy that was heading back to his desk. "Oh, he just dropped off some papers for me, I'll do them later." You smiled. "He looks like he's seen a ghost. What did you do to him?" Hank laughed as the three of you headed to the car. "Threatened his life of course." You said as you stepped into the car and closed the door. Hank laughed until he saw you weren't joking. "...kid, you could get in some serious shit for that." Hank warned. "I'm not stupid enough to get caught, if he ever whined about it, it would just be my word against his. He rudely interrupted me when I figured out some important information." You explained. Connor turned around in his seat to look at you.

"I know exactly who Lisa Hardner is."