Chapter 33

"Hey, I need five bags of therium!" Some on yelled. "Got it!" Someone else responded. "What on earth did you get yourself into?" The first person asked the limp body near him. No response. It would be odd if it were to respond. "I'm sorry, this is going to hurt." He warned, even though you couldn't hear him...

Everything was really weird, you were walking in this weird white void, it was really silent, not even your footsteps echoed in the empty space. In front of you was a forest where many others were, to the side, where it was hard to see was a living room with a happy little girl and android. And you knew that android all too well. "Connor!" You smiled relieved. "Come on, it's time for breakfast." Connor told this little girl. Now that you were looking more closely, it was the little girl from your flashes of memory. You started walking towards all this in curiosity. "If we skip breakfast we can stop at the book store." The girl shrugged her shoulders with a hoping grin at Connor. "No, I cooked you eat. Besides, didn't we agree we were going after school?" A femal voice spoke as she walked out from behind a wall, presumably leading to a kitchen... It was you, that was your voice. You-other you? Smiled at the little girl. "Yeah, but what if we go twice?" She smiled cheekily at you. "Nope, pancakes." You said as you ruffled her long wavy brown hair. "Fine" she said before running off towards were you (you?) came from. "She's a lot." Connor chuckled as he looked at the other you. "You love her." The other you laughed. "Yeah, I do." He admitted.

What was this? Was this some strange vision to fill in gaps before death? Were you dead yet? Was this all just some random fever dream before you died? Oh... That's right... I'm dying. I don't wanna die... I don't know what I'm seeing...but I want to understand it. There's so much left that I don't know, there's so much I'd be leaving behind... Do I even have a choice? Aren't I too far gone?..... What a pathetic death... I guess it's payback, I can't imagine what I put Connor through... What I put Hank through... The sacrifices Markus made for me. He chose to let me in, he helped me when it was putting him and his people in so much danger, and for what?

As your thoughts gloomily surrounded you you slumped to the ground. How long was death going to wait? Death... Is she sitting by me like she's sat next to hundreds of others during their final moments? You laid down on your side, the room sounded like quiet static, but that becomes pretty loud when it's the only sound there is.

You looked off in another direction, there was a different setting among the emptiness. It was just a black void, yet somehow it seemed comforting, like it was drawing you in. You knew it sounded stupid but it was almost like it was a sentient being. "Are you the end?" You mumbled on the ground the empty void within this empty void. All you got in response was that never ending static. "I'm sorry I wasn't much in my life." You apologized as you slowly stood up from the ground. "I want to say I tried, but how many dying androids have said the same thing?" You chuckled bitterly as you rubbed your arm nervously. You felt a whole new level of fear in these moments, people always describe ultimate fear as this heart stopping feeling. But to be honest, that overwhelming lump in your throat brought you comfort which only made you fear fear itself. An indescribable feeling of a tsunami of emotion that makes you feel numb yet feel everything. "I've never really thought that there was anything left after death... I, I ... It looks like there's nothing but darkness. There's no turning back now is there?" The static seemed to grow louder and louder. "I guess I'm just stalling now..." You let out a long shaky breath before you worked up the nerve to walk towards the black emptiness. A tear escaped your eyes before you reached out to it. This was it, as your body was enveloped in this darkness, you no longer felt anything. It was odd, you never felt your heartbeat until it was gone.

The static no longer filled your ears. Everything you felt was gone, everything. It was so peaceful.

Suddenly a hand grabbed you be the wrist and yanked you out violently. You landed back in the empty white voice with a hard slam to the floor, it... It hurt, you could feel it. You could feel your heart beat come back. Is, is it not too late? Who was that? You tried bringing you back?

"Hey, She's not waking up, I don't know what to do!" You heard a voice cry, strained with desperation. Where was it coming from? That voice... It was Death.... Not death, but death, your friend. She was here. "Move, I'm not giving up just yet." Another voice was there too. Skin from your chest disappeared and you felt your entire body jump start, there was only a fraction of a second but you saw Death and Markus standing over you in the same forest you once were in before you returned to the white room. You fell to the floor, grasping at your chest. They, they were trying to bring you back.

"Come on." Markus pleaded silently to himself before trying again to bring you back, the same thing happened. "I'm not dead yet!" Hope swelled inside you. You had a chance now. "Why won't she wake up?! We stopped the bleeding!" Death cried. "That's not enough." Markus said without any refrain. "It's enough for me." You spoke into the void, you were now determined to survive this. You had to find a way out.

You looked around, your eyes fell upon the first thing you saw when you came here. That happy home that brought you such curiosity, that was it, it had to be. You ran to it.

You fell through into it and before you knew it you shot up with a gasp followed by overwhelming pain "f-fuck." You choked. "(Y/N)!!!" Death sat beside you with the widest smile you'd ever seen. The world was spinning and you were clinging onto consciousness, but there was no way you were letting go. "Hey, careful. Your bleeding we were able to temporarily stop but it's not enough for proper function." Markus supported your back. You looked over to him, he wasn't smiling like death was, he knew there was still a bad possibility. "We have to get you to Jericho. We need to keep you concise, can you count up by six?" Markus asked you. He didn't wait for a response before getting you on his back. You hissed from the pain but soon followed request.

Six

You were still here.

Twelve

You had a second chance.

Eighteen

Markus was staying out of view of all people for obvious reasons.

Twenty Four

Your head bobbed down but you forced yourself to focus.

Thirty

He was moving fast, his movement almost seemed panicked, yet careful.

Thirty Six

Death was right there next to you. She had a back pack that you assumed held first aid equipment.

Forty Two

Forty Eight

Fifty Four

Sixty

Sixty six

Yo, here's your chapter. Hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long, or if I was at all. All I'm hoping is that I didn't mess up with counting by six😅...
Enjoy💙