Chapter 65

You were getting ready to leave for the night and had taken a second to talk to Markus. "Thank you for the concern but androids still need my help." Markus dismissed your question. "Androids will never stop needing you, that's why I brought it up. Almost everyday I come over here, and never once have I seen you take a break. It's important that you're taking care of yourself just as much as you are taking care of your people. I'm pretty sure the world won't end if you take one or two days to yourself." You rested your hand on his shoulder with a caring look in your eye. "I'll make sure to keep that in mind." Markus gave you a smile.

He was shocked when you flicked him in the forehead "You think I'm stupid, Mister Proper? Everyone knows that's code for you don't care." You huffed. Markus chuckled as he rubbed the spot you had flicked. "Fine, fine, I give in. I'll make sure to take breaks." Markus continued to chuckle as he put his hands up to avoid anymore attacks on your end. "Good." You gave him a quick hug before heading out.

Not many people were out tonight so it was a peaceful walk home. Though thoughts always fills the space where distractions would be. You looked up towards the sky and looked head on at a lamp post.

You looked up at the dim bulb on the ceiling before looking back down. "You shouldn't be out of bed." You told the young girl. "I shouldn't be doing a lot of things, but if it makes life more tolerable then I don't care." She shrugged. "I fail to see how staying up late and losing sleep makes life more fulfilling." You sighed. "That's because you've never experienced anything other than following orders, (Y/n). You've never actually tried to live... Though there's not much to actually enjoy here, so I don't know how alive anyone could feel." E&@$ sighed as she laid down on top of the table with her arms above her head and resting on her hands. "I can not try to live if I'm not alive. All I'm supposed to do is follow orders." You had been through this conversation thousands of time. The brunette girl let out an annoyed huff before jumping to her feet so she was crouching on the edge of the table and got close to your face. "You and everyone else always say that you're not alive... I'm not sure if you're all blind or stupid." She huffed. "No one has sight impairment here in this institution for children with higher IQs than average. Blind and stupid are clearly not probable." Even though you were being serious, she laughed. "If this concludes our conversation, please go back to bed." You asked her.

"I'd like to bring a couple books from the library with me if it doesn't bother you." E%£¥ requested. "As long as you take them to your room, it doesn't violate any rules. Though it's not exactly following them." You agreed to her request. She just laughed "exactly, fuck the system." She said. "Language." You scolded.

Now that she had the few books she hadn't read yet, she had gone to her room with no objections. "Hey." She called out to you as you were already on your way down the hall. "Yes?" You turned to face her. "No one else thinks you're alive, but I say you have more humanity than any human I've seen. So even if you don't believe it, you're more of a living, breathing person than all of us combined. Goodnight." With that, she closed her door and everything was silent once more.

You looked down to the floor, readjust to the present. A tear dropped to the sidewalk, letting you know you were crying "oh......thanks." You smiled as you wiped away the tears that made your vision blurry. "...I miss you." You said, even though there was no way that she would ever be able to hear you.

Now in a better mood, you continued to make your way home. It was late, just like every other time you walked down on these same streets.

"I'm home!" You called out as you closed the door behind you. "...darn it." Connor whispered to himself from upstairs. "I'm screwed." He continued to talk to himself as he heard you walking up the stairs.

You opened the door to the bedroom assuming Connor was already asleep since you had gotten no response, but no... Blood everywhere. Connor sat in the middle of it, covered as well, with a towel that he had been trying to clean everything up with. He gave you a bashful smile "Are you okay?! There's so much! I should've never let you go home alone, I'll go grab you some blue blood." You had quickly rushed over to Connor and grabbed him by the face to inspect him, effectively smearing your hands, and most of your uniform in blue blood. As you got up to go get one of the many bottles of therium you had in the house Connor grabbed your arm. "I already took care of that. I just made a mess." He continued to smile at you, you didn't like how calm he was about it.

You sighed "Alright, let me take care of the mess. You just go clean yourself up and lay down. Wait, you're probably light headed, taking a shower alone would be dangerous." You were clearly stressed out by this. Too many things at once. "Hey, relax. I'm okay." Connor tried to calm you down. You just pointed out the very obvious huge puddle of blue blood silently as you gave him a look that screamed "are you stupid?"

The whole reason you had been okay with leaving him alone was because until now, he was able to reset his therium pump on his own whenever he felt an episode coming on, but now that you were standing in a puddle of therium you just felt stupid and guilty. "It just came on faster than I was expecting, that's all. I'm still alive." He explained, you just sighed. "I'll finish cleaning up all this." Connor said as he picked up the now soaked towel. You gently grabbed it out of his hands "Bath." You ordered him, though your facial expression was filled with worry and compassion that clearly told Connor you just cared a lot despite all the orders.

He gave no complaint as he walked to the bathroom though you followed after him as you heard the shower turn on. You turned it off "Bath." You told him again as you began to draw him a bath yourself. "I'm not a child, I can handle a shower." He laughed. "Losing a lot of blood causes lightheadedness and fatigue, if you faint in the shower you'll get really hurt." You told him. You stood up and held his face in your hands while resting your forehead against his "I'm just really worried..." You said, your voice cracking. He smiled and grasped your hands "I know." He said before he kissed you on the forehead.

While he cleaned up, you finished cleaning the mess in the bedroom. Afterwards, you also had to clean your uniform and yourself, you were completely covered as well. You sunk into the bath and closed your eyes. Everything just felt so draining.