Chapter 36

(Y/n) now laid asleep in the room Markus had give her. Her system was now stable... Well stable considering she had wrong parts in her system. Death had decided to stay with her and make sure nothing happened. Connor also sat there next to her but he didn't look up from the ground. In the silence of the room Death spoke up "so, you must be Connor." She pointed to his hand that held on to the unconscious androids hand. "Y-yeah." He stuttered.

"She talks about you a lot ya know." The blond smiled softly at Connor even though he wasn't looking at her. "She cares about you so much. She used to worry what you would think if you knew she was a deviant." Connor saw what she was doing. "She was scared you would hate her... She had no intention of hurting you." Her words were calm and kind, she was in no way angry at Connor unlike a couple androids who were.

A little while before this moment, things were a little hectic among the other androids and Connors arrival and situation.

********************

(Y/n) now was silent, her system finally stable. Michael sat there looking at the pathetic sight. Her body still refused to heal, so she looked like she came out from hell... I guess it wasn't that far off. Now that he no longer had to focus on her, he looked up at the new arrival. "The fuck did you do?!" He screamed at the android. He seemed to shrink back at the aggressive tone in his voice. "Why are you here?! You show up and you try to kill two of our people! Congratu- fucking- lations, you almost succeeded!" He continued to scream, Connor sat there still holding (y/n)'s hand that he had grabbed once he became a deviant and looked down at the ground. "Come on Michael, take it easy..." Death tried to calm him down. "No! We might've been able to trust deviant hunter 2.0 but what about him!!! For all we know we could all be in fucking danger!" Michael accused. Connor didn't say anything. "We should just-" "enough! I understand your concerns. But not right now, give it a rest." Markus cut off the rowdy android. Michael reluctantly complied and stormed out. "He's... A good guy... Just a lot." Markus defended the raven haired android as he held a hand out to Connor to help him up. Connor gave him a confused look, but that was enough for Markus to understand. "You're one of us now, sitting here, holding her hand is proof." The heterochromatic man gave Connor a soft reassuring smile.

Connor took his hand and stood up. "We'll take her back to her room... She might be out for a while." Death said as she picked you up bridal style. "I'll take her." Connor offered. Death smiled as he took you from her arms. "I would say it's nice to meet you, but it could have been under better circumstances." Death shrugged with a smile. "...yeah." Connor agreed.

*********************************

You woke up after a while and groaned at the throbbing that ran through your whole body. You tried sitting up but you were flicked on the forehead, catching you off guard. "Stay in bed." Death ordered. "Let me out of the mattress priiiiisooon." You groaned.

"No." "Yes" "no" "I'm not doing this..." You finally said. "Yeah, okay." Death gave up. "Goddamn my head is pounding." You complained mainly to yourself. "What can I do to help?" Connor asked nervously. You silently looked at him for a while, he looked nervous and worried. "I'm glad to see you." You smiled as you ruffled his hair. He sighed a sigh of relief "I'm sorry, I was scared you'd be mad at me, and-" "hey, hey, hey, hey. Cut that out. You have nothing to be sorry for. Everything's been fucked up for a while..." You sighed as you ran your fingers through your now much shorter hair. "It has..." Connor agreed with you. "Well, I'll leave you two alone. I only ask one thing..." Death smiled mischievously as she got up. "Don't finish that request. Do I look like I could even withstand that?" You said, your face blue. Connor was oblivious, probably better that way. Death laughed and closed the door behind her. You huffed to yourself as you get up carefully. "Hey, I don't think you should be up and moving around." Connor worried. "No more laying down. I've been laying down for too long." You complained. You slowly paced around the room just to move around. "So, you cut your hair?" Connor asked... Seems like everyone had to ask that. "Yup, it was caked in blood. It would have been a nightmare if I tried to keep it long." You laughed. Connor looked down at the ground "what happened... After you got out of the DPD?" He shakily asked. "Don't get all emotional about it... It's okay because I'm still here." You assured him. "But, I just ran... I ran and hid in a tree... And once the cops left I tried to keep running... But, but I-" you started getting choked up so you just stopped. You hadn't realized just how bad the emotional toll you received from the experience was until now. "Uh.... Yeah, you know what, never mind. Not important!" You tried changing the subject. "Please... Tell me. You hid all of this from me." He motioned to the ship, or in other words the fact you were a deviant. "... Because you felt that you couldn't. You hid the pain it came with, don't hide what you're feeling from me, please." Connor asked of you. You took in a deep breath and decided to continue.

"I died... I felt my heart stop..." You started, your body started shaking. "I felt everything slip away." You didn't fight your tears, it was too much effort. "I felt nothing, not numb, but an actual nothingness. But the moments before that, there was something else... I don't know what it was, but I want to figure it out." You were able to compose yourself a little as you continued. "Remember the little girl I told you I kept seeing?" You asked. "Yeah, what about it?" He listened attentively, he really wanted to be here for you. "She was there, but that's not quite it... She was there with you, and I was there too... I don't know why or what I saw but I know that I saw that particular thing before I died." You finished. Connor was silent "have you seen anything else about this little girl?"

"She just seems to exist in the very back of my head, like I know who she is but I just can't put the pieces together." You sighed. "We'll just have to figure that one out." He smiled. That big grin of his was just so comforting. You laughed and buried your face in his chest.

You sat there happily. Then there was a huge shake that almost knocked you off your feet. "....never is a break is there?" You mumbled mentally preparing yourself for who knew whatever was about to come.

I guess these frequent updates are my thanksgiving/ Christmas gift........is that even a gift???? Oh well