Chapter 12

When you got back to the DPD there was only five minutes until everyone went home...except Connor, you were stuck with him, and your pigeon friend, you liked the little fluff ball. You didn't know what his name was going to be yet, so at the moment you just referred to him as 'feathers'. Hank and Connor went to their desks to finish what ever work they had to and you sat down at your desk, and placed the pigeon on it. Your cheeks still stained with tears, but you didn't have the motivation to go and wash your face. You watched as the ball of feathers waddled to a cup you used for pencils, and took out everything inside of it before sitting in it. You gave a weak smile, you then heard someone walk up behind you.

You didn't turn around "yeah?" You said with your chin rested on your hand as you watched the little bird. "Someones not looking to hot." The person behind you retorted, you knew exactly who it was. "Go away Gavin, I'm not in the mood to deal with your shit. Just leave." You you said as you started logging into the computer , all you had to do was place your finger on the top left corner of the machine and your skin peeled back from your finger and unlocked the computer. "Sorry honey, I still have three more minutes." He cockily smiled as he sat down on your desk. "I said, I'm not in the mood, Reed." You spoke through gritted teeth, you were getting angry, your LED red. "I heard you, pretty plastic. But I don't listen to you, you obey me. Now be a good girl and go get me coffee." Gavin grabbed one of your pigtails and yanked your head back. At the moment it didn't hurt, which relived you in a way. But you were pissed with Gavin. You stood up and he let go of your hair with a triumphant grin plastered on his face, before he knew it you spun around and slammed him into the glass wall next to your desk. You brought his arm up to the middle of his shoulder blades and he yelped in pain. "Im. Not. In. The. Mood. I'm  not going to repeat myself." Your voice was calm yet intimidating. Gavin was terrified and in pain. You let go of him and he coward off, mumbling insults that no one could hear. You plopped down on your chair with a sigh, the bird came out of the cup when he saw Hank approach a little worried. "What the hell happened?! I walk away for three fucking seconds and I see ya ramming Gavin into the glass!" He exclaimed as he threw his hands around, with a donut. "I'm not in the mood to deal with his shit right now." You stated bluntly. Hank smiled amused, and handed you the donut. "...what?" You were confused "I got you a god damn donut. You look like you need one, now that I know androids, eat." He smiled and held out the donut. You chuckled and pushed it towards him "thanks, Hank. But I don't need to eat, it's just something that we can apparently do." You awkwardly tried to turn down the treat. "Just eat the fucking donut. I gotta go, see ya tomorrow." He patted your head and put the donut on your desk, then was the last to leave. It was only you and Connor in the building.

You sighed and put your head down on the desk, but the bird started messing with you. You looked at him and he seemed to be gesturing towards Connors desk. You looked up and Connor was doing tricks with his coin and he looked upset. "No..." You told the little bird. After a while of just sitting there, being extremely bored, you decided to give the bird a bath. He was pretty dirty. You started walking towards the girls locker room because that's where the sinks were, when you walked by Connors he looked up at you, he was about to say something but he couldn't, besides you didn't stop to listen to him.

The little bird hopped into the sink and you turned on the water just enough to start a little stream that he sat under. "I'm glad you're here." You told the little bird as you brushed though his feathers with soap. He seemed to understand because he head-butted your hand playfully. You giggled, and washed out all the soapy suds. The bird shook his body and water droplets went flying but not much since he was only as big as your palm. You found a hand towel and let him roll in it to dry off, you also found a hair dryer that he absolutely loved. You laughed as the bird rolled on his back and spread his wings at the hair dryer, he made you feel better.

Connor POV

She walked past me with her new bird companion, I tried to apologize, but I couldn't speak, guilt wouldn't let me. She disappeared behind the door of the girls locker room. "I messed up... I know that. I don't like this feeling, it hurts. Why do you keep making me feel this?" I said as if I were talking to her, but in reality I was only talking to myself. I decided to go outside and take a walk like before. The stars seemed to be dim and lifeless instead of the bright portrait they once painted. I kept walking, not sure where I was going. I couldn't help but talk to myself "why does this all have to be so complicated?"
"Is this what love is supposed to be?"
"Why does loving you hurt so much?"

*flash back*
The Traci model shifted her attention behind me "have you ever loved someone so much it hurt...?"
*end of flash back*

I understood what she meant now...
All I wanted to do was confront Amanda, I wanted to yell and scream at her. If it wasn't for her, none of this would've happened, it was all her fault...

Was it?

There was a small voice that was saying what shouldn't...

                                                                      You could have not listened

     You didn't have to listen

                                                                           They can't control you

                                              Break free

"No... I'm not broken... I'm not defective... I'm no deviant." I brushed away any and all thoughts and started walking back to the DPD.

Your POV

You laid on the the floor with nothing to do...you ate the donut so that wasn't something you could do. You had been laying there for about an hour, so you decided to go into sleep mode until tomorrow arrived.