Chapter 69 (nice)

"No." Was all you said as Connor pulled a shirt out from the closet. It was one Hank would wear and it seemed his horrible fashion sense had found its way to Connor. You watched him put it back and pull out an equally as hideous shirt. You just laughed and gave up. Connor: the master of completely missing social cues, saw no problem with the almost identical shirt and put it on. You shook your head and finished getting dressed yourself. Before leaving the house you snapped a picture without Connor noticing and sent it to Hank with the caption "Who taught him this?" Hank just sent back an "I'm so proud.", You laughed.

"What?" Connor asked. "Nothing." You said while stifling your laughter. "Come on, let's go." Connor followed you out the door, you knew he was excited. "What breed do you want to see?" You asked him. You could see the exuberant sparkle in his eyes but he acted calm. "Big and fluffy. Or tiny and fluffy. Though tiny dogs seem to have many anger issues..." Connor spoke. You snorted before grabbing his hand and resting your head on his shoulder as you walked. "You're too adorable for your own good." You told him with a smile. "... Why must you tease me?" He pouted. "Because the reactions I get are adorable. Obviously." Connor didn't respond, presumably to not give you any reaction which served as the exact opposite.

You had both agreed to visit a shelter instead of a pet shop because the older dogs also need love [a/n- go and pet a nice old dog. Imagine all the serotonin.] ... And the owner of the animal shelter were a lot more accepting towards androids.

******************************************

All the dogs were let out to play outside in a fenced in area. There were a couple other people that also came to the shelter to spend time with the dogs. The shelter encouraged people to come and play with them because it helped the dogs get exercise and increased the chances of the dogs being adopted.

"There are so many." Connor said as he scanned over the yard covered in many happy animals. "There are... I wanna pet all of them." Your eyes scanned rapidly from dog to dog, you were happy Connor chose to come here. Connor turned to say something but was body slammed by a big pit bull, Connor was content petting the excited dog on the ground. You sat down next to him and other dogs came around to get their wanted attention.

They slowly calmed down and you now sat there with an older dog sleeping on your lap as you softly rubbed their velvet soft ears. "Is this some ploy to adopt a dog?" You laughed. Connor thought about it "That's not a bad idea..." He mumbled as a puppy tried to play nip at his hands. You tried not to laugh at him as excitement lit up across his face "oh, I don't think Blue would be very happy with another animal around." Connor chuckled. "It's not like he's around much."

[A/N- Blue: don't be fucking rude]

"How about when we get everything sorted out? After all the drama has blown over?" You suggested. Connor smiled but there was a hint of sorrow and worry within it "This would be a nice last memory." He looked down at the excited puppy in front of him that did not match the tone he had just set at all.

Was it a bad idea to bring up drama? How were you going to respond? It's probably been weighing on his consciousness pretty heavily if he's bringing it up. You definitely didn't want to dismiss what he was saying with a simple insensitive 'think more positive' but what was the right response? "...It- it would be a nice last memory but I don't want it to be." You started speaking, being real careful of your words despite not really knowing what you should be saying. "If there's the opportunity to make more memories like this, I'd take every one I'm given... I love every memory I have with you and there's things we still haven't done, so many memories that haven't been made yet." You tried to give him a brighter perspective.

You looked up from the dog in your lap which you had been looking at the whole time you spoke to see Connor with the back of his hand gently pressed to his mouth, at this point, you knew what that meant. "Can we leave now?" Connor asked, he could usually tell when an episode was coming on. "Y-yeah, come on. Let's go." You got up and helped him up and made your way to a family restroom so you didn't have to deal with people in other stalls. "Do you need help resetting?" You asked having been through this many times. "No, I think I can do it on my own." He said as he lifted his shirt up and held it in his teeth as he worked on resetting the pump within his chest. You looked away with a blush across your face.

Not the time, dumbass. You thought to yourself. Connor mumbled to himself agitated before he defeatedly asked for help, the resetting process was slowly becoming more difficult for him to do himself lately. You deactivated the skin on your hands and carefully took hold of his therium pump. The lights in his system turned red when you disconnected it and turned back to blue when you reconnected it. As soon as it went back to blue Connor gasped with a jolt "fuck..... I hate that feeling..." He cursed and rested his head in the crook of your neck.

Get your head out of the gutter. Not the time.

"You okay?" You asked as you fixed his shirt... His god awful shirt. Connor nodded still nestled in your shoulder "Yeah, I just can't get used to it." He sighed, still recuperating. "How about we go home and we can take it easy for the rest of the day?" You suggested, days where you just stayed at home and did nothing had become much more common in your day to day life. There was a short silence before Connor pulled away, his hair slightly messed up, he ran his hand down his face with a sigh "yeah..."

I swear to god-

"Would you stop?" You half scolded, half pleaded as you fixed his hair. "What? What am I doing? Aren't you usually the one to mess up my hair?" Connor didn't understand and was now confused. "You- you're a danger to my sanity." You laughed. "What???" Connor looked at you with such a worried confused expression. "Are you not conscious of how attractive you are? Cause I swear you're trying to kill me. Come on, home." You ushered him out of the bathroom and Connor laughed and teased you the whole way home.

" You ushered him out of the bathroom and Connor laughed and teased you the whole way home

Just gonna leave this for all of you. The whole article is on gamebyte.com and there are a bunch of other ones.
Also, I'm excited to say thanksgiving has given me a break to write! So there will be more chapters this week!