Chapter 9

Connor had gotten in the car as you practically ripped off hanks jacket, furious beyond words. You got in the car and threw the thing in hanks face hard, and you knew it hurt him. "Ow!...you know what? I deserved that." Hank said as he put the jacket on the passenger side seat and started driving. "Piece of shit." You didn't even try to hide your words, Hank laughed at how nasty your comment was, while Connor just looked at you.

The rest of the drive was completely silent, but there didn't need to be words for anyone to know how anyone was feeling. When you got to the DPD you got out and left the door open for Connor. He stepped out and you saw that your shoulder had been bleeding and left a huge blue stain on hanks car seat. Hank stepped out and walked in with you to drop something at his desk. As he was about to walk out he tried to talk to you but rage got the better of you and you slapped him hard across the face hard. You didn't have to say anything after that so Hank walked out the door as he yelled to you "see you tomorrow, salty!". You stomped over to your desk, and sat down with your face covered by your hands as your elbows rested on your legs. You felt Connor put his hand on your non-damaged shoulder "hey, how about we get your shoulder properly fixed and you can change into a different uniform." His voice soft and soothing. You smiled and stood up as you went to go get proper tools to fix up the hole in your shoulder.

Connor had sat you down on the tile floor as he worked to make sure everything was okay before fixing your artificial skin. "It hit a vital tube, so that explains the excessive bleeding, but that's the worst of it. I'm glad they had that blue blood there...I'm sorry that this happened, if i had done better she would have never even gotten close to you." Connors voice was heavy with guilty as he worked on your shoulder. "Are you kidding me? This was the least of my problems tonight." You tried to laugh but was still to salty to laugh about it. He finished with your shoulder and helped you up. "Thanks!" You said "no problem, you know where the other uniforms are. "He pointed to the area where the women's locker room would be, so you made your way over and found a uniform. Cyberlife knew that the androids would mess up their uniforms at some point so there were always spare ones in the locker rooms.

When you walked out you spotted Connor looking at the deviant files, and deviants in general on the computer. "(y/n), you're aware that only deviant's can feel physical pain, correct?" He glanced up at you over the computer. You rolled your eyes "I'm a newer model, I'm of course going to be different. Also, how come you called me by my name?" His eyes shifted as if searching for an excuse. "No reason..." He retreated back to the computer as his cheeks were tinted with a light shade of blue.

Weird

You sat at your desk looking over the files but got bored quickly. For a good five minutes you just stared at Connor as his back faced you.

How does he stay so focused?

You got up and quietly walked up behind Connor before you rapidly moved your hands on his shoulders and shouted "BOO!" He jumped and you laughed. "You scared me!" He said as he laughed along. "I know. Can we go do something. I'm bored." You had rested your chin on his desk as you sat on the floor. "I was hoping you were bored too. Ya lets go." He got out of the chair and you both walked outside.

"Where are we gonna go?" You asked as you skipped next to the android that calmly walked beside you. "I was thinking the park, but we can go wherever." He looked at you as you bounced around with a smile. "Park sounds good." You hummed a song the rest of the way. Once you arrived you grabbed Connors hand and dragged him towards the monkey bars "oh no, please don't give me another heart attack." He nervously chuckled as he remembered the last time. "Not this time, come on." You climbed and sat down on top of the metal bars. Connor stood there before following you up. You both sat up top and looked out over the rest of the park. "This is nice." Connor smiled and softly kicked his legs back and forth. "If you like this you should try climbing the trees, that's really fun." The stars twinkled above you as the moon was bright. "How did you learn that climbing trees is fun." Connor questioned you. It triggered a memory

"Come on (y/n)! It's fun, trust me!" There was a little girl sitting on a branch and was holding her hand out to you, but you couldn't point out any details about her. "I don't know @%#!, it doesn't seem safe." You told her. "Well, yeah. But danger is what makes it fun!" You smiled and followed her up to the high up branch and sat down next to her.

"(y/n)? Are you okay?" Connor waved his hand in front of your face to gain your attention. "Yeah... I'm fine." You tried to understand the memory. "What happened? You spaced out for 11.8 seconds." His eyes were filled with worry.

[Tell truth]
Lie

"There was a really odd...memory, there was a little girl. She was high up in a tree and was talking to me, trying to get me to climb up the tree with her." You were now no longer the only confused one. "What did she look like?" Connor asked. "That's what was strange. I was looking at her, I could see her. But I couldn't make out any details of her." You looked off in the distance, getting lost in your words. "The same thing happened earlier. But it was at a park, with children running and laughing. Just like the little girl, I couldn't make out any details of them." Connor thought deeply about this knew information. "So, it seems like certain events trigger these memories, right?" You nodded. "Hm, so maybe if we wait things will come up and you'll remember more things so we can piece together all of this." He smiled at you, you smiled back. "That's about all we can do." You said as you went upside down on the bar you were once sitting on. "I just wish I understood." You looked up at the stars. Connor laughed and tried going upside down like you. He almost fell and flapped his arms as if it would help. "Goofball." You said with a big grin on your face. "No, I'm Connor." He pointed to himself as he joked. "I know...sent by cyberlife." You laughed. You were both still upside down looking up at the stars. "The stars are so pretty, the way they glimmer in the night sky." You said mesmerized by the little lights.

Connors POV

We both hung there, upside down. She looked at the sky as I looked at her eyes. The way her (e/c) eyes shimmered in the night. "The stars are so pretty, the way they glimmer in the night sky." She spoke as she took in each and every star."yeah, they are beautiful. The most beautiful thing I've ever seen." She might of been talking about the stars but I wasn't, her eyes were what I was referring to. She smiled, then did a tiny flip off of the bars. "Come on, let's go explore." She waited for me as I awkwardly half flipped half fell off of the bars before we walked to who knows where.

"Connor?" She looked up at me "yes?" I answered. "Thank you, for everything." She rested her head on my shoulder as we walked. "For what? I'm the one that should be thanking you." We stopped walking.
"Well, you could've not spent that first night at the park with me, you didn't have to be nice to me, and you don't need to be here right now, but you are. I wanted to say thank you." She wrapped her arms around me like before so I hugged her back. "There is no where else I'd rather be." She smiled up at me. There was a small peaceful silence. "...and, thank you, for this." She stood on her toes and connected her lips to mine. I was shocked but I soon closed my eyes and kissed her back. Her lips were soft, and her embrace was warm and comforting. When she pulled away, I couldn't help but be disappointed. She gave me a soft smile as her cheeks flushed blue.

There was no other place I'd rather be...