Chapter 11

When you got there, all three of you got in the elevator. Connor closed his eyes and was doing a report, and you grabbed a coin from his jacket pocket. You flipped the coin, remembering what Connor taught you, Hank glared at you. You stopped, clearly Hank did not enjoy the coin tricks. "Great, Connor has passed on this annoying habit." Hank muttered under his breath. "You know what else is an annoying habit?" You asked Hank with a mischievous smirk. "MUMBLING!" You cupped your hands around your mouth as you yelled. Hank laughed at you, then the elevator stopped at the right floor. You and Hank stepped out but Connor still had his eyes closed.

Connors POV

We all stepped into the elevator. I closed my eyes and when I opened them, I was in the garden. For the first time I was disappointed to be there, I wanted to open my eyes and see (y/n) and Hank. But it was just...Amanda...

I walked to the usual area and low and behold, Amanda was there, watering her roses. "Hello Connor." She didn't sound happy. "Hello, Amanda." I tried not to sound nervous, Amanda, without a doubt was very intimidating when she wanted to be. "I see you are not using your time wisely, Connor." Amanda spoke with a hint of annoyance. "I'm sorry? I don't know what you mean." When I spoke she stopped watering the flowers to turn to look at me. "Connor, don't play dumb. You were designed to be highly intelligent. So was (y/n), she is meant to be an even more efficient detective, not your little girlfriend. It would be a shame if we had to get rid of you, that is, if that android became more important than the mission." She got real close to me and it was scary. My therium pump beating faster, and faster, and faster. "No ma'am, that would never happen." My voice was shaky when I talked. Amanda slightly nodded and turned back to her wall of roses. "Don't put an importance on that model, I don't want to have to destroy you, or
(y/n)." She watered her roses again. You would think the roses drowned at this point. "So, your asking me to, ignore her?" I asked. "Is there a problem with that?" She raised her eyebrow at me and I shook my head 'no'. "You may leave Connor." She payed no attention to me as she spoke. I closed my eyes, and when I opened my eyes Hank and (y/n) were waiting for me.

"What's wrong? Run out of batteries?" Hank joked. (y/n) just smiled at me "no." I stated bluntly. "Well are you going to stay in the elevator?" Hank asked me. "no! I'm coming." I started following Hank.

Your POV

You walked next to Connor, he was acting weird all of a sudden

Connor: distant \/

"What's wrong?" You asked him but he looked ahead. "Nothing." He bluntly stated. "Did I do somethings?" You were worried he was mad at you. He looked guilty and started to walk a little faster, leaving you in the back.
"What do we know about this guy? Hank asked Connor, he didn't here you and Connors little conversation before. "Not much, just that a neighbor reported that he heard strange noises coming from this floor." Connor stated. "Nobody's supposed to be living here but, the neighbors said he saw a man hiding an LED under his cap." Connor continued to explain as you bent down to examine some feathers on the ground.

FEATHERS

Columba livia: Rock pigeon
Comprised of different specimens

"Ah Christ, if we have to investigate every time someone hears a strange noise, we're gonna need more cops." Hank complained. You knocked on the door, and there was no response, you knocked again "hello? Is anybody home?" There was still no answer. Connor then knocked on the door more violently "open up! Detroit police!" He shouted. There was a huge thud and you could here rapid foot steps through the door. "Stay behind me." Hank ordered "got it." Connor said as he stepped behind Hank who now had his gun out and aimed at the door. You stood to the side, back against the wall with your gun ready. Hank kicked the door in, and with a huge thud the door swung open, Hank walked in with his gun still drawn and you followed close behind. Connor casually sauntered into the hall as Hank kicked open another door. It seemed like no one was here any more, so you looked around. The apartment was in horrible condition, the paint peeled off the walls and it was all grimy. Hank kicked yet another door and pigeons flooded out "what the fuck is this?!" Hank screamed as he swatted away the birds. Hank had self diagnosed himself with ornithophobia, or simply, the fear of birds, and now you understood why. You all walked into the room and the floor still had a layer of the gray birds "Augh! Jesus, this place stinks." Hank bickered. You looked at a poster on the wall that was for the UFD 'urban farmers of Detroit.' You noticed that it was covering a hole in the wall. You peeled the pastor back to reveal some sort of journal hidden in the wall, you picked it up and thumbed through the pages, but they were all encrypted, making them unreadable. You could tell Connor wanted to see the journal but he was staying away from you, it kind of hurt. You placed the journal in the inside pocket of your jacket "you find something?" Hank asked you from across the room "I don't know, it looks like a notebook, but it's...indecipherable." You explained. Connor opened a little fridge and it was empty. "Suspect didn't eat, huh?" You said leaning over his shoulder. "They didn't..." Connor walked away from you, obviously trying to ignore you.