Chapter 34

The room was silent as the android diligently worked on the unconscious one. "The hell did she do to get this messed up?" The android broke the silence. "I don't know, I'm just glad you agreed to work on her." Markus said. "Yeah, yeah, can you please get me the electrical tape?" He asked. "Yeah... I wish we had all the stuff we need." Markus sighed as he handed over the tape. "Too bad, this will have to do. We should be able to get proper replacements soon enough. When's the next mission?" The android didn't look up from his work as he spoke. "North says she wants to go on Thursday night but I think it's too risky, Cyberlife is supposed to be sending out a huge shipment that night, which is why she wants to go but it's also the reason I'm against it. There'll be way more security with all those parts." Markus rambled off. "I asked when it was, not to be your therapist." He grumbled as he pushed his Raven black hair out of his eyes. "Sorry... How's it coming along?" Markus asked as he learned over the androids shoulder. "Shoo! You're distracting me!" The android snapped at Markus.

Markus found it best to leave him to work. As he walked out of the room he heard foot steps and laughter. "What? Did Michael scold you?" North smirked at him. "Yeah." Markus rubbed the back of his neck as he chuckled. "You're getting way to worked up over a possible enemy." North rolled her eyes. "Hey! (Y/N) isn't the enemy! If she was, she wouldn't be on that table right now. Doesn't that show anything?" The heterochromatic android defended the girl. North let out another sigh "that doesn't change the fact that she's a deviant hunter." She was stubborn. "She saved Simons life, we're just returning the favor." Markus huffed. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Still, don't be so sure she'll survive. We don't have all the parts for her model. If anything, it's more likely for her to malfunction than her system working with the parts we got." North spoke realistically. "That's why I'm worried."

"Hey! How's she holding up?" Death asked as she walked towards the two other androids. "Okay, I wouldn't go and check though. I made Michael angry." Markus laughed nervously. "Anything makes him angry..." The blond grumbled. "I fucking heard that!" Michael shouted from the room. "Good to know your hearing works." Death laughed at him. "So, how much blood did she lose? She looks like she fell into a pool of blue paint!" North exclaimed. "I'm not sure but from what I saw it looks like she lost about a little over three liters." Markus got goosebumps just thinking about it. "Seriously!!! How is her system still functioning?!" North was flabbergasted. "It's not... That's the whole problem." Death said.

"Hey! I need some therium!" Michael shouted out to the hallway. "On it!" Death responded before running off to go retrieve it.

*Five hours prior*

(Y/n) broke through the door and was gone. She wasn't okay, she was at 100% stress levels and heavily bleeding, and there was a good possibility that vital mechanisms were heavily damaged. "H-Hank." Connor stuttered. "Go before someone notices." Hank ordered before he threw his gun to the ground before he was tackled to the ground by officers. Pulling out a gun and aiming at the police force in a police station defiantly made you a threat... And was very illegal...

Connor followed orders as the term oil in his mind overflowed like a raging ocean as he slipped off to the evidence room. "C-come on. There's got to be something here." Connor spoke to himself as he briskly ran up to the key pad. He entered information before stopping at the password. "I don't have time for this shit!" The android couldn't process what was going on and he was only working himself up more.

Without another second he typed in a possible answer. Wrong. He typed in another. Wrong. "Come on!" He huffed. He tried his first guess again. Correct. The first time he had messed up the spelling in a hurry. All the evidence unlocked and he was able to gather information.

After looking over things he powered up the first deviant he ever encountered, Daniel. "Where's Jericho?" Connor asked the barely living android. "What's wrong with you?" The android asked amused. "Tell me or you'll be deactivated." Connor threatened, he was shaking. "Big words for someone who's crying." Daniel scoffed before he shut down. Connor brushed his finger under his eye... He was crying... This wasn't the time, he couldn't break down right now.