Chapter 35

You tossed and turned trying to fall asleep, which proved to be a challenge. You couldn't find a comfortable position because your body kept hurting, and you couldn't stop thinking about Connor, Hank, and Blue. Were they okay? Hank must be in huge trouble. What does Connor think of all of this, what would happen to him now?

In the end you probably got five minutes of sleep at most. You gave up on trying and decided to go find the main office. You wandered around, the ship was bigger than you originally thought, it didn't help that your insides felt like they had been used as a punching bag.

"Can you tell me how to get to the main office?" You asked the closest android. "Oh, I'm not sure but I believe its up those stairs and to the right." She told you. You looked at her again and she had blue hair. "...Traci?" You mumbled. "Oh, I thought you looked familiar. How do I know you?" She was really nice to you. "I was the deviant hunter at the strip club." You confessed while rubbing the back of your neck. She took a second then things clicked. "Oh... I didn't recognize you out of uniform... Or with shorter hair, and pretty beat up." She pointed out everything like it was a spot the difference game you would find in a magazine as a child. "Yep... A lots happened.." You thought aloud as you ran your finger over a large part of your neck that didn't have skin on it, it was a place you had been shot and it wouldn't heal until you had the right parts.

"Your shoulders healed though right?" She asked. "What?" You didn't understand. "Your shoulder, sorry I stabbed you." She apologized for the past. You laughed thinking about how long ago that felt. "It's fine, it was justified. How's your girlfriend?" You asked her. "She's around." She smiled, looking out at the other androids. There were a lot. "Well good... I'll be on my way. It was nice seeing you." You waved goodbye to her and followed the directions she gave you.

"Up the stairs..... And to the left..." You mumbled to yourself as you walked, you noticed you should've put shoes on. Oh well. You finally found the room and walked in. Markus, North, Death, Simon, and another android were inside talking. They seemed to be talking about something serious so you kept quiet and stood in the door way. "Dialogue, that's the only way to get through to people." Markus said. "Well people don't want to listen to what we have to say." North responded irritably. "Then we'll make them listen. It doesn't have to lead to violence." Markus stayed his ground. "Violence is the only way to get through to people." North and Markus went back and forth for a while longer and soon enough the two other guys left. Simon said hello and thanked you on his way out and you just smiled.

"You cut your hair?" Death asked. "It was easier than unknotting and cleaning it." You shrugged your shoulders. "Looks good, just needs a little more trimming." She said as she brushed her fingers through it as she inspected. "Yeah, I know." You said as Death stopped and made her way out the door as well. The two androids left were still talking but more civilly now. You didn't want to eves drop but you saw her slide a detonator into Markus' hand.

Oh boy...

With that she left and Markus let out a sigh as he put the device in his pocket. "Hey, shouldn't you still be resting?" He asked you. "I couldn't." You told him. "Hm, you cut your hair?" He pointed out as if it wasn't obvious. "Yeah, it was nasty and it was just easier." You repeated what you said to Death. "It suits you." He smiled. "Thanks... So, you want to try and talk to the people?" You asked as you sat down on a crate. "Do you think we should fight as well?" He asked exasperatedly. "No, I think it's a good idea to try and talk it out... I mean, there are people on our side and public opinion isn't bad. I say there's a chance for peace." You comforted the heterochromatic android. "How are you so sure?" He asked, you could see how conflicted he was feeling. "Well... I'm not sure. I don't think anyone can be. We're playing a dangerous game of hope and pray..." You told him. "But I'm afraid that it won't be enough for my people." He confided in you.