Chapter 54

You turned the key in the lock until you heard a click. With a soft push, the door to your knew home opened. "Hell yeah! Sweet home barren home!" You yelled as you took a big step into the empty house, your voice echoed through the room. Connor shook his head as he and Hank walked in behind you. You set down the box you were carrying and went back to the car to get the rest. There was a total of three boxes and an unopened air mattress Connor had bought earlier today until you had the time to get an actual one...wow, unpacking would be a nightmare.

"Hm, this place is a lot bigger than mine." Hank said as he looked up the stairs. "Correct." Connor said dryly "Yeah, it's defiantly going to take some adjusting." You smiled as you started walking up the stairs to the master bedroom, leaving Connor and Hank down stairs. You set the box down and opened it. The box was full of clothes, it was a small box, but neither Connor or you had many outfits. Each hanger went into the closet with a little click from plastic hitting metal. As you turned to put the last article of clothing in the closet, it was no longer the closet nor the room you had been in just a few seconds ago.

"You'll grow accustom to this place soon enough." You spoke to a little boy as you hung clothes in the almost empty closet, other than the one or two shirts you had already placed. The clothes were plain, no patterns or vibrant colors. Now that you thought about it, all the kids wore dull clothes. "Everyone wakes up at eight am and heads to the dinning room, after that it's to English on the third floor, then to science. Everyone gets an hour outside for recess, the head mistress will ring a bell for everyone to go to math class, lucky for you, it's your last class." You filled the assumed new boy in on the schedule. "...no art? Music?" The small boy who sat on a bed meekly asked. "No, but if you wish, there are three hours at the end of the day where you can indulge in any other hobbies you may have. The androids here are here to help with things as well." You smiled at him, but he didn't return the gesture, he seemed sum what gloomy. "I know this is quite the sudden change in your life, but I promise it will be for the better." You assured him, he said nothing. You picked up his now empty small suitcase and walked out of the room and made your way to a different part of the building. You tossed the suitcase into an incinerator before turning it on.

Kids scampered around the place as the androids set up for dinner. You stood on a stepping stool as you handed down a stack of ceramic plates to a fellow android. There were about eight androids in the room, probably a couple others around. "That's all of them." You concluded as you closed the cabinet, stepped down from the stool and pushed it out of the way so no one would trip on it. "Thanks." The android responded. That voice, you knew that voice. The android went to set the remaining table and you started rounding up the kids that were near by.

All the androids stood quietly against the wall as the children and head mistress ate silently.

You were brought back to reality by Hank yelling a profanity from downstairs "Fucking disgusting!" Hank shouted as you came down the stairs still a little hazy. ".....it's a bird, Lieutenant." Connor spoke very dryly. "Pigeons are filthy!" Hank argued.

"Well that's just rude. And here I was being so kind to stop by."

"Blue!" You exclaimed as you caught sight of the familiar bird that had perched himself on a counter. "How have you been?" You asked with a grin as you scratched him on the head which he leaned into.

"Good."

"We don't have anything for you at the moment. Sorry." Connor spoke over his shoulder to Blue. "We'll have a place for you for sure though. May just be a little while." You told him.

"No problem!"

Since Hank couldn't understand Blue, he was left to look at you three as if you'd lost it.

"I wanted to make sure you were all good."

"We're doing just fine." Connor spoke up with a smile. "Y'all are nuts, talkin' to a bird." Hank scoffed. "Silence, booze boy." You chuckled, it earned you a roll of the eyes from Hank.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun had set and the two visitors had left. It was just you and Connor in your barren bedroom with a blow up mattress. You sat straddled on Connors waist as he held himself up on his elbows. There was no sexual intent, but instead just a need to be close. The both of you had missed just being able to cuddle and all that, while you were at Hank's it was just common curtesy to not be touchy. "We need to get some furniture." You giggled as you ran your fingers through your hair. "We also need to do a paint job, some of the rooms need it." Connor added onto the 'to do' list. "That was expected. But hey, it could be fun!" You smiled as you layer down on Connor's chest. He wrapped his arms around you as you closed your eyes. Connor spoke as you started drifting to sleep. "You know...." You whispered "I think I understand the visions more...." Your voice trailed in an out, getting softer before becoming audible again. "Oh, you haven't talked about it in a while." Connor pointed out. You hadn't, things had just been too busy for it. "I think it was an orphanage for really smart kids...... Think Something happened... They died..." Connor wasn't able to hear parts of what you were trying to say, but he understood. "Well.....at least someone had to have survived." Connor said, it just barely reached your ears as you were asleep.

Feel like I took a little long with this chapter, my bad. On a side note, has anyone seen the Detroit: Become Human Evolution Movie by Octopunk Media? I think it was really good.
This is logiclogan signing out
Byeeee💙