VANITY/LUST.

(ECCLESIASTES 6:1-12, 7:14-20, 3:14-20)(ROMANS 1:18.......)
We continue with our study on gaining a proper insight into this earthly world as revealed to us in the word of God also called the Sword of the Spirit and helmet of Salvation (EPHESIANS 6:17) to help us grow and walk properly in Christ Jesus. To start the word VANITY, Is the fact that you are too interested in your appearance or achievements. With this: Jesus said; "Do not love things in this world" but here we are having an interest in things in this world. God opposes those who are full of themselves (JAMES 4;6) and acts vainly toward anyone else. The biblical definition of Vanity is empty, useless, or Nothing. Solomon wrote more about vanity than anyone else in the Bible and the word vanity is found in ECCLESIASTES more in all the other books in the Bible combined. The reason Solomon writing more about VANITY is because of his wisdom, he had everything in the world of his time and he personally knew a lot about VANITY from experience but he humbled himself later(actually God did it for him) and so, that is why he knew so much about VANITY as we read from many of his writings.
Solomon was a man of wisdom, he had 700 wives and 300 concubines but still, he managed to cater for anyone because of his richness and pleasures].

                  In (ECCLESIASTES 6;3), He declared all that he has as VANITY, USELESS

                  In (ECCLESIASTES 6;3), He declared all that he has as VANITY, USELESS. No matter how many cars you have, buildings you have, and years you may live, all this prosperity can't be enjoyed when you die for a stillborn child is better than you because you all go to the same place. Solomon observed life with all his pleasures and concludes that life is VANITY. VANITY in ECCLESIASTES does not mean foolish pride but the emptiness of life apart from God. This makes a clear sound that, anything without God is useless because he created heaven and earth and everything in it, so if you don't have him (God) then you are lacking. That's why is written that "Seek the kingdom of God first and all the rest shall be given unto you. In (ROMANS 1:18.....) because of sin, God wrath was on humanity, In verse 26, God gave them to their shameful and sinful desires because they knew about God righteous decrees that those who do such things deserve to die but still they turn from God, so God gave them to their shameful lust. They were too much interested in earthly things. So Solomon concluded that Man should love and fear God and Obey his commandments, life is nothing without Christ. We all have in us to be vain and full of vanity. It is within our fallen nature but when God gives us his spirit, he gives us a new heart, not one of stone but flesh(EZEKIEL 36:26).
God's Spirit changes our hearts... We get a heart transplant... One that is bent toward pleasing God, towards obeying him and worshipping him in spirit and truth. In doing so, it is not done in vanity or vain. As Jesus said of the father, it is for such people the Father seeks to be his worshippers. Adelphoise, do not love the things in the world but walk in the spirit of truth rather. Let us examine our lives and see whether we have Christ or not, if not then let's seek him like how Zacheous sought Jesus and was saved from his sin and pleasures.

Remember

"THERE'S NO STORAGE OF GOODS OR WEALTH UNDER GOD JUDGMENT"