One

Danielle -April 2018

"God it's so hot here." I whined as I stood in line at Dodger stadium and fanned myself with my poster. "Good thing I didn't straighten my hair. It's so freaking humid, it would've never made it."

"You should keep it curly more often. I love it on you. It fits you." Sarah said, running her fingers through my soft and curly shoulder length hair. 

"I've wanted to grow it out for a while now. You know, something different. To show off me."

"I mean while we're here, we can find some cute guys here. Not for me, Julian's mine. But for you." 

"I came here for a vacation to get away from drama, not add to it."

"Give it a try!" She encouraged as she patted my shoulder. "You'll never know unless you try!"

I shrugged. "You don't understand what I went through."

"I do, I was there for you every step of the way. You're gonna have to let that all go and start over. That's how you're going to move on from everything, and be happy again... you know?"

I'm not on vacation to look for guys. I've told you that several times. I mean, it's nice to look once in a while, but growing up I never really was in a serious relationship, or even one at all. I always fell for the ones that didn't treat me right, or who always wanted to bang. I never really was interested in dating in high school because I knew what I wanted, which was something serious, and all of the boys I dealt with were exactly the opposite of what I wanted, and I kind of lost faith. I always fell head over heels, and ended up with my heart broken every single time. I cared for someone who didn't give a damn about my feelings last year, and I was miserable. I never thought I'd get over him. But I finally did, and I'm finally thinking about myself. That's why I took this vacation in the first place. 

People don't realize how happier you are when you're single. 

Anyway, enough with the boring talk, Sarah and I took a girls trip to California before we started school in the fall. Her parents rented a beach house for us to stay in, and had connections and got us Dodgers tickets, plus VIP included. I'm really not a baseball fan, I mean I am but not as much as basketball, but it's free. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Killion! The package included an autograph and photo session with some of the players.

She's been my ride or die ever since freshman year of high school. She's been there when I was down, and she was there when I need someone to talk to. And she's been there trying to set me up on blind dates... those don't go so well, but I appreciate the effort. I love her so much. And I couldn't be happier to go on this trip with her. 

I was wearing light washed high waisted jeans with a nude coral crop top and my converse. Sarah wore a black romper with flowers on it, with her converse. The air was humid and sticky, screaming California. I looked around at what seemed like the locals that were in line, and quickly realized that we had on the wrong attire. Everyone was dressed in jerseys. Seems like Kershaw was the majority's favorite.

"God this line stretches for miles." I whined. 

"I mean we're almost there. I can see the table from here."