2.3

Danielle -May 2018

I woke up the next morning to the smell of waffles and bacon. It wasn't Sarah's eggs this time. It was Trayce cooking.

"I didn't know you could cook." I said as I walked into the kitchen where the aroma intensified. "That smells so good."

"I get it from my mom." He chuckled.

"Sarah, Trayce made breakfast."

"Thank god. I am so sick of cooking eggs everyday."

"Hey, I want you to meet someone today." He said with a mouthful of bacon.

"Okay..." I said. "Are you gonna tell me who...?"

"You'll see when we get there." He said as he took our plates. "How was the food?"

"Delicious!"

"Thank God you can cook! I'm so sick of eating eggs everyday!" Sarah exclaimed as she hugged him.

"You're welcome." He chuckled as he turned to me. "Go put on something cute."

"Uh, okay..." I said as I slowly got up. Sarah looked at me.

"I have no idea." I mouthed.

She shrugged and turned back to him as I went up the stairs.

"How much do you love her?" Sarah asked quietly.

"To death. I never thought I'd meet someone like her."

She didn't say anything, but looked up at him. "Please don't hurt her." She said quietly. "She's been hurt before, and she's finally opening up again. I just don't want anything bad to happen to her."

"I promise." He said quietly. "She told me on the beach. Broke my heart. How can someone do that to someone so smart and beautiful...?" He paused and shook his head. " I just don't get it. She deserves the whole world, and I promise to give her that."

She smiled. "I'm sorry if I'm giving you a hard time. She's like a sister to me, and I love her. I care about her, and I want the best for her."

He smiled as he gave her a hug. "It's fine. I understand, completely."

I came back downstairs wearing a sunflower yellow over the shoulder dress, with jeweled sandals.

"Hermosa!" He exclaimed.

"Too much?"