One Year Later...

Trayce

I sat at my table, greeting and talking to numerous people who wanted my autograph. Many grown adults, children, babies were here dressed in their Dodgers attire. Ball after ball, poster after poster. My hand started to cramp after continuously holding the pen. I'm not complaining, though. It's for the fans, and the Dodgers have the best fans in the whole MLB.

"Next." The stadium manager stated as the next few people came up to the table.

I looked up from signing my poster, and time just froze. Everything just seemed to be going on slow motion. She had big brown eyes, and big, curly brown hair, and the nicest smile. My heart skipped a few beats.

"I have the marker somewhere. I'm sorry." She frantically searched in my bag to find the marker.

"No worries." I said calmly.

Once when she found it, she sighed in relief gave it to me. As I look up, our eyes meet, and a dreamy feeling rushed over me. Everything was happening in slow motion, and it seemed like time had just stopped.

"Hi! How are you?" I asked with a smile.

"Good! How are you?" She smiled as I uncapped the marker.

"Good! And what's your name, beautiful?" I winked.

She smiled as her cheeks turned pink."Oh, it's Danielle." She giggled.

"Danielle. What a beautiful name." I smiled.

"Thank you so much." She chuckled.

"To Danielle." I said, finishing with my signature.

"You excited for the game tonight?"

"Born ready, baby!" We both chuckled.

"Your eyes are really pretty."

"Thank you." I smiled.

She smiled and played with a few strands of hair that was in her face.

"There you go, Danielle." I smiled and handed her the capped marker.

"Thank you." She giggled.

"Have a nice day."

"You too." She smiled and got out of line with her friend.