2.4

Danielle -May 2018

Bro... when he put his hand on my thigh... that had me weak. It got real. With the sound of rain on the windshield, it was a perfect moment. We're inseparable.

We got back to the beach house, and I went upstairs to get a new change of clothes. I was soaking wet and cold from the rain.

"So, where'd he take you?" Sarah asked as she sat on my bed as I put on a clean and dry shirt.

"He took me to go meet his parents..."

She flailed like a fish and almost fell off the bed. "HE WHAT?!"

"Yeah." I chuckled.

"You know what that means."

I looked at her, clueless. "I don't."

She gave me a look.

"What? I haven't gotten this far with a guy before."

"It means he truly wants to be with you. If he takes you to meet his parents, then he's showing that he wants to spend forever with you."

"We've only been dating for a month though."

"He sees something that he hasn't seen before. He sees a future with you. Who's said the first 'I love you' yet?"

"No one. Not yet. Like I said, I haven't gotten this far with a guy before. I actually feel happy with him."

"I'm glad. I approve of him. I see something I didn't with everyone else."

"I just hope he means it." I paused. I opened my mouth to speak.

"Don't you dare say that everyone else has said that. Granite, they did. But I believe he means it. I had a talk with him this morning when you were changing, and he literally poured his heart and soul out to me. You mean the world to him, and he'd do anything for you."

"Really?" I asked as tears formed in my eyes. This has never happened before.

She smiled and nodded.

I smiled and wiped away the tears. "These are happy tears, I swear."

"I'm glad you found someone that'll make you happy. Go dry off your tears." She smiled as she got up and left my room.

I put on a warm long sleeve shirt and some comfy jeans. I put my hair up in a messy bun and went back downstairs.

I sat down next to him on the couch. He wrapped his arm around me, and rubbed my arm lightly with his thumb. I grabbed my phone and went to FaceTime.