Five

Trayce -August 2018

Well, I was dreading this day. Tomorrow is the end of summer, into September, and my baby's last day of being here with me. I didn't want this day to come, but I guess it had to.

"Hey, baby." I smiled as I pecked her lips and sat on the couch with her."

"Hey." She smiled.

"When does your flight leave?"

"11 tomorrow night."

"Really? I thought it was in the morning."

"It was, but Sarah took it so she could get back to Julian quicker. She bought me a later flight back so I'll have more time to spend with you."

"Well that's good, because I have more time to spend with you."

"I wish I didn't have to go though."

"You need to, though. Go and get your education. It's important. Plus don't you miss band and making music?"

"A little bit." She shrugged. "I'll be back, I'm gonna go put my pjs on." She got up off the couch and went up the stairs into the bathroom to change.

I glanced at the clock on the wall. It was 9:15.

"Babe!" She yelled from the top of the stairs. She was wearing light pink shorts with a white flowy tank top. Her hair was messily in a bun. "Let me do your makeup!"

"Hell no."

"Why not? I'll make you look pretty!"

"I am not, and will not let you do my makeup. No way."

"Please?" She stuck out her bottom lip.

Next thing I knew, I was upstairs in the bedroom, letting her do my makeup.

"I'm gonna make you look so pretty!" She squealed in excitement as she grabbed her makeup bags and threw them on the bed.

"I'm only letting you do this this one time."

"That's all I need. Okay, I'm gonna start with the foundation first. Maybe a little concealer. It'll cover up some of those pesky zits I see."

You're a pesky zit. Just kidding.

"Okay, I think I'll do either eye shadow, or contour next."

"Contour? What the hell is that? It sounds like a French dish."