8.5

Danielle -December 2018

"So what did you do for your birthday?" Chrystal asked as she sipped her iced tea.

"Well..." I started and purposely flashed my ring in their direction.

"When did you get that?!" Alex gasped.

"Yesterday... Trayce gave it to me as a birthday gift."

"It's beautiful, Dani! Oh my gosh! Can I see it?"

I nodded and lifted my hand so they could examine it more.

"Girl, it's cutting up."

"I know." I chuckled as I flipped my hair.

"What else did you get?"

"I got that, and some clothes and chocolate and a bear and a card... all from Trayce."

"How did he get it there? He couldn't have had it shipped here, it wouldn't arrive in time."

"Sarah and him had a plan. He flew here to drop the stuff off, and she went into my apartment and placed it all there. It was a total surprise."

"Did he get you a card too?"

I nodded and pulled out my phone to find the picture of it so I could read it.

"To my dearest Danielle." I read. "Happy birthday to the most beautiful girl in the whole world. You are so smart and so kind and I am so lucky to be apart of your life, and be apart of my life. I know things were rocky for a while, but we got through it. You're not only my girlfriend, but you're also my best friend and my everything, and I want you to know that I love you with all of my heart. I wish I were here with you today to celebrate with you, but I can't wait to see you again and hold you tight. Happy 22nd birthday sweetheart! Trayce..."

They both aw'd.

"That's so sweet!"

"I know! My man is so sweet." I smiled. "And his hair is starting to grow back. He doesn't look like Caillou anymore."

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, and it was Trayce.

Bubby 💕💋, 4:45 pm

Have a good day! I can't wait to see you. I have another special birthday present for you... 😏

Danielle, 4:45 pm

You need to stop lmao

Bubby 💕💋, 4:45 pm

You know you'd like it...

I chuckled and put down my phone on the table. I'm guessing he's thinking that the whole month of December was my birthday. I don't mind it though, I'm soaking it all in.

Danielle, 4:49 pm

Hey babe

Bubby 💕💋, 4:49 pm

What is it bug?

Danielle, 4:50 pm

Bubby 💕💋, 4:50 pm

Oh jeez 😂 I love you

Danielle, 4:50 pm

😘😘😘

Danielle, 4:55 pm

Hey baby...

Attachment: 2 images

Bubby 💕💋, 4:58 pm

Aw baby, I love you too <3

Attachment: 2 imag

Danielle, 4:58 pm

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋