4.4

Danielle -July 2018

I am beyond happy that Trayce's back is better. I've been worried sick about him. I noticed that he's playing differently since he's been injured. I know how much this sport means to him, and it would crush me to see him not able to play.

I wanted to surprise him by coming to one of the mini camps he was hosting for the little kids. They love him, and I love how much they idolize him. Warms my heart.

"Dave! Hey!" I spotted Dave out of the corner of my eye. I flagged him over to where I was. "I'm so happy that Trayce got his back checked out. It's been worrying me for a while now."

He had a puzzled look on his face. "Really?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "I talked to him the other day, and he said that the doctor here checked it out and gave him some pain meds."

"That's weird, because I talked to him a while ago, and he was still complaining about it. It looks like it got worse to me."

"So he didn't mention to you about getting it checked out...?"

"No."

"Hm, interesting."

"I know, he's worrying me too. If he plays any longer, it's a risk of fracturing it. I hope he does something about it."

"Yeah, me too..." I paused and looked out the window of the club level, watching him interact with the kids. 

"Well, I've got to get going. Have a nice day, Danielle!"

"You too!" I smiled and turned back to the field. Oh am I gonna have a talk with him. I drove back to the beach house later that day. I instantly got a sick feeling about what Dave told me earlier. 

"I just don't understand why he would fucking lie to me." I had mixed emotions about this, anger, sadness... It hurts. "Like every time I ask him about it, he gets super defensive about it. Like I'm worried about him. Baseball is his world, and it would crush me to see him not play because of it."

"How long has this been going on?"

"Like a month now. I just want the best for him."

"It pisses me off that he hasn't told you yet. How did you find out anyway?" Sarah asked. 

"Through one of the coaches." 

"That's kind of a dick move. He should've been straight up with you from the start."

I stared at my glass of water that was sitting on the island as a few tears fell from my face. 

"No, don't you cry. You've wasted too many tears on these stupid boys, don't waste anymore."

"You know, I knew every relationship had their ups and downs.. but I guess I never realized how emotionally hard it is, especially when you love them so much like that."

"Are you gonna confront him about it?"

"I will, but later. I want him to think he had me fooled." I shook my head. "I just want to know why he would lie to me. I just don't understand."

AN: Things are getting juicy! Things are gonna escalate, very quickly! Hope y'all are enjoying it!