3.5

Danielle -June 2018

"Babe, what did you want to do today?" Trayce yelled from the bathroom as he brushing his teeth. "The game doesn't start until 7, we have all day to do anything you want."

"I wanna show you more of the city. Where I grew up."

He smiled as he came out of the bathroom, and leaned in for a kiss.

"I made sure my breath was fresh. I know you hate my bad breath kisses."

"I don't hate them. But they're not my favorite." I chuckled as he leaned in for another kiss.

"You ready?" I asked as I grabbed my keys.

He nodded as he led me out first, and closed the door behind him.

"Where are we going?" He asked as he put his hand on my thigh. That gets me every time.

"You'll see." I smirked.

We ended up going to my old childhood park where my grandparents used to take me all time when I was younger, which was City Park in Park Hill.

"This is so pretty." He said in awe as he stepped out of the car, looking around at all of the trees.

"Ah, the memories." I smiled as he grabbed my hand, as we started strolling around the park.

"You've been here before?"

I nodded. "My grandparents took me here every day when I was younger. It's amazing to see how this here stayed the same."

He smiled as I looked down. Thousands of memories flood my mind. I remember everything as if it happened yesterday...

"Over there." I pointed to the statues of many famous leaders. "My nana would take me here, and we would spend hours just reading about their lives. There's Abraham Lincoln, Harriet Tubman, and even Gandhi."

He smiled and looked at each of the statues. "A lot of history here."

I smiled as another memory crossed my mind. "And during the fall, she would take me here and collect the leaves. I would research them and present it to my class. My teachers loved the creativity."

"Any extra credit?"

"I was in grade school. I didn't know what extra credit was." I chuckled as I grabbed his hand and strolled to the playground, where many little kids were shrieking with excitement.

I led him to the swing set and we sat down, with our hands still together. I looked around, and everything came back to me, like I was 5 again.

Tears began to well in my eyes as my emotions overwhelmed me. I looked up at him as one slowly fell down my cheek.